Jazz brushes or Hot rods

Frolic

Jazz brushes or Hot rods

Post by Frolic » Fri May 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi @ll,

first of all a big thank you to Richard and Yann, Aerodrums is an awesome product. I really love it. It allows me to practice without disturbing neighbours. And it allso allows me to setup a jam session easily with my friend who plays guitar. Now we are searching for a bass player (Freiburg, Germany). So if somebody from there reads this ... ;-)

I was wondering if there is a possibility to get a sound of jazz brushes, but could not find any appropriate "device" in the configuration of the drum sets. Is it planned to provide some sounds for brushes or hot rods in the basic setup? Would be great!

I followed all the discussions about latency and habe a good experience with the special opengl graphics driver that was provided here in the forum, hence I can recommend this. My notebook is from 2011 (Core i-5 1st Gen, Win10, using an SSD-HDD) and I have a latency of some 125 bps. Is this a good value or a bad one? The sign is 99% green during "aeroplay".

There is just one thing that could be improved from my side: It would be great to have the possibility to define the position of the menue-button also, because sometimes I activate it accidentially playing the drums (don't ask me how ...) . In addition it would be great if the system messages would not be displayed in the middle of the screen, because this interferes with the graphical display of the drums and the menue button.

All the best
Frolic

Richard

Re: Jazz brushes or Hot rods

Post by Richard » Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Thank you for trying it out! It's great to hear that it's letting you play more drums.

We do have brush samples but we haven't released them yet. They just need some processing and preparation for release. I agree it be great and we should try to do it soon.

In the meantime, the MIDI route is always another option to get brush sounds. I have played around with this add-on for Addictive Drums 2 and it works well:
https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/adpak ... zz_brushes

If the performance indicator in the top left corner of the Aerodrums drumming screen is always green and reads 125 fps (frames per second) then you're in good shape. Keep in mind though that it may still be possible to reduce latency from the Aerodrums Latency screen. Make sure that you're using the Exclusive WASAPI option and that the "Buffer size" slider is set as low as possible such that the audio still sounds fine (there are no popping or crackling artifacts).

Regarding the menu button placement, we have introduced a new way to trigger the menu in the latest update (v1.0.22). You can enable this by going to the Preferences screen and unchecking the "Old style menu button" checkbox. This new way to trigger requires you to move the tips of both drum sticks down towards the ground. Once they go under the dotted line separating hands from feet the menu will be activated.

Frolic

Post by Frolic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am

Dear Richard,
thanks a lot for all this useful information. The new way to trigger the menue is quite good.
Can you provide an update with reagrd to the relelase of the brush sounds?
Best
Florian

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:48 pm

I'm sorry, we haven't made a concrete decision about the brush samples yet. It is almost certain that we will release them at some point but we're busy with quite a few other things right now, including finishing the 3D/VR support for Aerodrums. I will talk to my colleagues about this...hopefully we can release them later in the year.