"Back screen"

Sauder

"Back screen"

Post by Sauder » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:19 pm

HI everyone!
Aerodrums are great. But I really tired from backlight and glow on different stages. So I wanna make some screen or shield behind me for gigs. So what's size I'm needing?
P.s.Sorry for mistakes and my poor English :oops:

Richard

Re: "Back screen"

Post by Richard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 am

Aerodrums v1.0.22 added the ability to ignore bright objects in view of the camera. If you haven't updated to this version and experimented with this feature I highly recommend it.

With this feature your back screen won't need to cover the whole area behind you that it visible to the camera. Instead it will only need to cover the area as far as your drumsticks reach while playing. Aerodrums can ignore areas beyond that if they are too bright.

Sorry I don't have any measurements handy but it should be easy for you to figure out what they should be. For example, to determine that horizontal length of the screen you can sit in your drumming seat, place your left stick on the leftmost drum on your kit, place your right stick on the rightmost drum and measure the distance between them. Then you'll probably want to add a couple of feet to that for safety. You can do likewise to determine how high your screen needs to be. I hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions about it.

Sauder

Re: "Back screen"

Post by Sauder » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Richard wrote:Aerodrums v1.0.22 added the ability to ignore bright objects in view of the camera. If you haven't updated to this version and experimented with this feature I highly recommend it.

With this feature your back screen won't need to cover the whole area behind you that it visible to the camera. Instead it will only need to cover the area as far as your drumsticks reach while playing. Aerodrums can ignore areas beyond that if they are too bright.

Sorry I don't have any measurements handy but it should be easy for you to figure out what they should be. For example, to determine that horizontal length of the screen you can sit in your drumming seat, place your left stick on the leftmost drum on your kit, place your right stick on the rightmost drum and measure the distance between them. Then you'll probably want to add a couple of feet to that for safety. You can do likewise to determine how high your screen needs to be. I hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions about it.
Great news!
Thank you so much!