Installing on a different computer

torbenhol

Installing on a different computer

Post by torbenhol » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:01 am

Hi.
My first installation on a Toshiba with W 7, went well but the speed and audio were not good, so I am trying to install on an HP and am getting the following error. "C:\Users\Torben\AppData\Local\Temp\7zOFC09.tmp/data/elements/ *" does not exist. I also received a McAfee Trojan warning but disabled McAfee and still get the same result. I have tried pressing ignore and I do get the install, but the set up function is corrupted. I would appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Torben

Sipaliwini

Re: Installing on a different computer

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:27 am

Hello,

sorry installation is not going smoothly on your other computer. The problem you are having is not linked to your anti virus. Here is how to work around it:
  • Right click on the Aerodrums installer you downloaded ("v1.0.13-Windows.zip") and select "Extract all..."
  • Tick the "Show extracted files when complete" box and then click "Extract"
  • After a while, a new Windows Explorer window will appear, double click the "Setup.exe" file in it
We are still working with anti virus vendors to re-classify wdi-simple.exe as not harmful.

torbenhol

Post by torbenhol » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:47 pm

I am not tech savvy and cannot find a right click on the downloaded installer that gives me the option to extract all. Please give me precise steps to do this.
Thank you

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Ok, I have sent you a private message to do this.