I love the idea of this, but have some questions.

robj

I love the idea of this, but have some questions.

Post by robj » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:37 am

Howdy!
Good job on making this product. I'm like many with limited space and noise constrictions, but love making music.
I have a couple of questions before I order, however.

Does this setup allow for things like double kick pedals? And what about auxiliary hats? I know things can be moved, but I'm wondering if you can add duplicates for more options. I'd like to set this up like my hardware kit, if possible.

About midi...is there any notion of how long before that's all ready to go? I record on my laptop, but really don't like doing the pseudo-sequencing thing in my software. I want something faster and easier to use so as not to forget what I have in mind at a given time.

Again, congratulations! This is really an interesting product, and I'm looking forward to using it!

Sipaliwini

Re: I love the idea of this, but have some questions.

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello, you can add elements to your Aerodrums drum kits and place them where you want them. So for example for a double kick set up, starting from one of the preset kits (they all have a bass drum), you would add a bass drum, then place the new pedal for it where you are used to it. Of course it is a virtual pedal, you place it by tapping your foot at the location you want it when Aerodrums asks you for it. It would work the same for auxiliary hi-hats: you would add a second hi-hat then place its pedal.

MIDI support will be there one week after the Mac version (which is next Wednesday) at the latest. It is mostly done and we are currently testing it, we can drum fine on Mac in Superior Drummer (a VSTi) using just general MIDI and Mac OS X's IAC driver. At the moment we only send the openness of one hi-hat over midi, but we will support at least two (switchable between Foot Pedal or Modulation Wheel continuous controllers) when we release MIDI support.

Thank you for your questions, I hope you decide to try Aerodrums.

robj

Post by robj » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

I will definitely be purchasing these within the next few days.
I have some music I'm working on, and will post finished projects on youtube. I'll post links here so you can see how they sound in a mix.

Cheers!

robj

Post by robj » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Purchased from Amazon on Friday and am eagerly awaiting delivery.
And I'm looking forward to midi too!

Cheers!

robj

Post by robj » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:34 am

Hmmm...
A week on and still no Aerodrums, and Amazon says "we're so sorry but it'll be more time before we get your stuff to you".
I'm wondering now if this was a smart decision after all.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you for letting us know, we wouldn't know otherwise because it is Amazon who handles the orders from payment to delivery.
We're not happy about this either, could you pm me so that I can identify your order and get answers from Amazon?
I am sorry for this delay.

Yann

robj

Post by robj » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Amazon unilaterally decided to cancel my order and refund the gift card I used to purchase the Aerodrums and the camera.
I think this is the worst experience I've had with them.
They basically told me to wait until the 4th of April to get my stuff. I complained to them about it, and they just decided to cancel my order.
You guys should seriously look into doing something besides going through Amazon.
I'm really disappointed, as I was looking forward to recording stuff with this.

robj

Post by robj » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 pm

PM sent.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:04 pm

You are right that we should not have all our eggs in the same basket distribution wise. We are working on alternatives. We made many contacts at the NAMM show, ideally, people will eventually be able to pick Aerodrums up in their favorite drum shop.

I'm sorry that the current distribution situation isn't ideal. I have sent you a pm with a proposal for a solution.

robj

Post by robj » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:07 pm

I received the set today, and I already think they're just super cool.
Once the kit pieces are set up, and a few technique changes were made, it was much like playing a hardware kit.
I do agree that the more pieces one has in their kit setup, the more accurate you have to be, but there is plenty of room to get lots of stuff.
I can see the blisters coming back already, since it's been a bit since I last played my regular kit.
This is a great product.

Time to do some recording!