For those who struggle with old video cards

johnnyM1984

For those who struggle with old video cards

Post by johnnyM1984 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello, drummers.

Let me share with you one secret about old video cards that do not support OpenGL2.0 spec. Yes, I'm talking about old PCs and netbooks that are equipped only with integrated graphic cards. There is a soltion how you can use Aerodrums without any special upgrade of the video card. Just extract opengl32.dll from the archive attached to this message and copy it to Aerodrums installation directory (where Aerodrums.exe resides). Then launch Aerodrums.exe as usual.

And do not forget to switch to Graphics mode #3 then! The only problem is that on the Drum screen two buttons at the bottom on the left side are iconless. But you probably already know that they are just Fullscreen and Home buttons anyway :)

For tech guys: the file attached is OpenGL wrapper around DX9, Titanium ver. 2010_11. It emulates features that your graphics card is missing.

I've tested this on my netbook Acer Aspire One AOA150 with GMA 960 and desktop with G31 chipset. Everything works great and even shows 120 FPS :)
Attachments
opengl32.zip
(140.21 KiB) Downloaded 3261 times

Richard

Re: For those who struggle with old video cards

Post by Richard » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks for posting this, it sounds like a great tip. Do you know if there is an official website that supports this wrapper?

johnnyM1984

Re: For those who struggle with old video cards

Post by johnnyM1984 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Yes, there is official web site for this wrapper:
http://users.ininet.hu/geri/TitaniumGL/index.html

I've checked many versions of this wrapper and versions other that 2010_11 are not showing drum images on the screen (maybe its a bug I do not know). I've also checked other OPENGL wrappers but they have the same problem (drum images are not shown). So the version I attached is free of this bug and is totally freeware, does not show any ads or watermarks and does not exit after 5 minutes like Titanium latest version from their web site.