Export individual elements to MIDI?

eicca

Export individual elements to MIDI?

Post by eicca » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 pm

I see in the recording menu you can export individual elements to WAV. That's super handy.

Is there a way to export individual elements to MIDI? That would be the #1 feature for me, since my studio recordings are all MIDI drums and I like each element to be on its own track for mastering work.

How hard would it be to implement in the next update if it doesn't already exist?
Wannabe drummer

Richard

Re: Export individual elements to MIDI?

Post by Richard » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:00 pm

There is currently no support for recording Aerodrums performances as .mid files. However, you can record MIDI coming from Aerodrums within a DAW. Once it's in your DAW I guess it's easy to move different MIDI notes to different tracks if you need that.

The next software update will add support for loading and saving custom MIDI maps within Aerodrums. This will allow you to do things like change the MIDI note that gets sent and the channel it gets sent on for any particular drum. Using this, you should be able to set up your DAW with multiple tracks, where each track is listening for notes on a different channel. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

eicca

Post by eicca » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Richard wrote: The next software update will add support for loading and saving custom MIDI maps within Aerodrums. This will allow you to do things like change the MIDI note that gets sent and the channel it gets sent on for any particular drum. Using this, you should be able to set up your DAW with multiple tracks, where each track is listening for notes on a different channel. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.
Multi-channel support and custom note mapping solves my exact problem! Do you have a release date?
Wannabe drummer

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 pm

It will be released very soon. It's finished now, we're just waiting for some last minute translations to come back before we build the final installers.