Own Samples doesn't work

Snuff1789

Own Samples doesn't work

Post by Snuff1789 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Hey ho,

I tried to create own elements by exporting different velocity wave samples from my DAW. They are as mentioned before in wave format, 44100 Hz and 16-bit but the creted element doesn't respond. There isn't any sound.
What did I do wrong? Is it even possible to create own elements like this?

Richard

Re: Own Samples doesn't work

Post by Richard » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:31 pm

This should work but it sounds like you may have discovered a bug.
Can you tell me if you're running the Mac or Windows version?
Also if it's possible to send one of the .wav files to me at support@aerodrums.com that would help us reproduce the issue and hopefully fix it in time for the upcoming release. Thanks.

Snuff1789

Post by Snuff1789 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm running the Windows version and created the files on my own using Studio One 2 and Superior Drummer sounds from The Metal Foundry.
I created a bunch of different velocity files but not even one single file works.
I've sent you three different velocity files to your email.
Thanks for the immediate reply.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:12 am

Thanks for the email. I'll get back to you after I've tried out the files you sent.

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 am

It looks like the files you sent originated from a Mac because they were accompanied by some hidden files that started with "._" and ended with ".wav".

The reason that you couldn't create elements from them is that Aerodrums tries to process these hidden files and stumbles on them because they aren't actually wav files.

This issue will be fixed in the next software update (coming very soon). In the meantime you can work around this on Windows by deleting the hidden files.