Oculus Rift sighted

TRDrummer

Re: Oculus Rift sighted

Post by TRDrummer » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Any update on this. I just got my Aerodrums for Christmas and love it. Working on getting the "kinks" out of my setup, but love it... Really wanting the check out the VR option!!! :!:

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:42 pm

We will have a general Aerodrums update later this month that includes some useful improvements, including 3D/VR support. We will have more details soon.
Support for the various VR platforms will be rolled out one by one starting with Oculus Rift at the end of the month (to coincide with NAMM 2017).

coppermine

Post by coppermine » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Fantastic news. Thanks Richard.

TRDrummer

Post by TRDrummer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Richard. VERY exciting news. I can't wait to experience this for myself. Having said that I have some simple questions. Using the Rift (that I do not have yet) will your software do all the rendering through the computer? Or is the Rift just used as an external monitor or sorts? What I am getting at is the computer I use is a laptop and while it's not bad, it is no powerhouse for graphics or speed. Will that work for the Rift?

Thanks Richard!!! :D

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Yes, all rendering with the Oculus Rift happens through the connected computer so you will need a sufficiently powerful computer with a very good graphics card. I'm using an NVIDIA GTX 970 for example.
If your computer meets the minimum requirements for using the Oculus Rift then it will run Aerodrums VR fine. Unfortunately the vast majority of laptops do not meet this requirement so you'll need to do a bit of research to see if your laptop is up to it.

greenhut

Post by greenhut » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Any news on release of the Rift software? Was hoping it would happen for NAMM.

Is it still going to be a free upgrade?

thanks

Irreo

Post by Irreo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:35 pm

greenhut wrote:Any news on release of the Rift software? Was hoping it would happen for NAMM.

Is it still going to be a free upgrade?

thanks
I would be interested in this too :)

In fact, I had no idea this product existed until recently, when I googled to see if there was some VR drum software around, even if it was without feet, and using the touch controlers.

I got a big surprise when I found out this existed, and it was surprise x2 when I read it was going to get Oculus support.

I've always air-drumed, and my coworkers have to suffer me hitting the floor with my feet, and the side of my keyboard with my fingers, so I would very much like to purchase this.

I'm not musician and never sat on a drum, so VR is my only option, hope it comes soon! :)

JDeluxe

Post by JDeluxe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:29 am

As an Aerodrums and Oculus Rift DK2 owner, this is my most anticipated app to date! Hope to hear more soon!

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Yes, it will still be a free upgrade but there are a few more issues that need to be fixed before we can get this out. We'll have more news soon.