Hi there,

anybody out there who has tried or is using Aerodrums
with a drumasonic product?

Please see this comparison table of their virtual drum packages:
http://www.drumasonic.com/cms.php?id_cms=14

Cheers

CaB

Espen

Re: Has anyone tried it with drumasonic?

Post by Espen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:33 am

Hello,

I have used it with Drumasonic 2 and Luxury. Works just great!

CaBleman

Post by CaBleman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:37 am

Great to hear!
Does that include total control (with CC data) of the hi hat? (According to the description and the manual, one should be able to at least make that work...)
Which Midi Mapping do you use with drumasonic, if I may ask?
Did you have do amend one or did it work right away to a 100%?

I would like to try a demo, but they don't seem to offer one.
The video for the luxury version (€99) (see here: http://youtu.be/DtFc5KJGL5g) and the web pages look VERY promising, though.
Some people might be put off by the fact that there is no graphical representation of the instruments,
but to my mind that is an advantage, e.g. that leads to more space for the really important stuff on the GUI canvas, like settings, knobs and faders.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

CaB

Espen

Post by Espen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Yes, it has full cc range of hihat openess. In Drumasonic it's fairly easy to adjust each openess levels as you want.
I don't usually use any particular midi mappings in any VST because almost all of them has ability to "learn" MIDI notes. So has Drumasonic. I don't remember if it worked sraight away because I usually do this learn procedure anyway drum by drum. It does not take very much time.

To me the lack of graphical representation doesn't matter at all. All that matter is sounds and playability!
I have experience of many VST drum softwares including Addictive Drums 1&2, EZDrummer 1&2, Steven Slate Drums 4, NI Studio Drummer, BFD Eco, Drummic'a, and little bit of Superior Drummer. I think Drumasonic would be my choice if I had to choose just one. The sounds are good at first place and you can adjust them into infinity. It's a very versatile piece of software. Luxury has better cymbals and toms to my taste.