Protools crashes using Addictive Drums midi mapping

paranoch

Protools crashes using Addictive Drums midi mapping

Post by paranoch » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:25 am

Hi, i'm using Pro Tools LE 8 with a Mbox 2 Mini. I have Addictive Drums and i followed the instructions to midi map AeroDrums, but every time i load the midi map, pro tools crashes. Does anybody has a similar problem?

Sipaliwini

Re: Protools crashes using Addictive Drums midi mapping

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:06 am

Hello,

we haven't seen that problem before, does the crash only occur when you load the preset, or do you get other crashes when using Addictice Drums in Pro Tools?
Do you also get the crash when running Addictive Drums standalone?

paranoch

Post by paranoch » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:17 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. This only happens when i load the midi map preset of Aerodrums. I have used addictive drums with protools for a long time now, and it have never crashed before. I don't have the standalone version.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:41 am

Hi, we should be able to guide you through the steps necessary to recreate an Aerodrums MIDI map. But before we do that we would like to contact XLN Audio to find out why Aerodrums.ADMap results in a crash. It's possible that those files aren't intended to be shared between users.

Would you mind emailing me (richard.lee at aerodrums...) a couple of the .ADMap files that came with Addictive Drums (e.g. on Windows you should find these in C:\Program Files (x86)\XLN Audio\Addictive Drums\Factory Maps) and also the version number of Addictive Drums (the Aerodrums map was created using v1.5.7). Thanks.