Aerodrums in Canada

Russel

Aerodrums in Canada

Post by Russel » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:48 am

Hello...

Aerodrums Namm videos made its way all the way up to Montreal Canada via Facebook and Youtube...

I'm really interested to give it a try...
But i have one or 2 questions...

You're supplying 1gig worth of samples with the software,
is it possible to trigger other samples which i already have in my laptop,
i have Toontrack Superior 2.1... 50 gig of samples already installed,
can i assign Aerodrums' triggering to Toontrack's sounds in any way ?

And my other question is,
Aerodrums is available thru Amazon in the US, but not in Canada,
ordering thru the US slaps Canada with hefty brokerage fees and taxes,
i was wondering if you will have Aerodrums available on Ebay ? at a BUY IT NOW price equivalent to what it's selling on Amazon...
Ebay has it worked out for Canadian people to buy anything from the US, brokerage, taxes,ect...hassle free...
I guess whoever distributes Aerodrums in the US should consider Ebay as an extra selling outlet...

I'll be glad to use Aerodrums at an upcoming corporate event which features me playing drums as a duo with a famous local DJ,
similar to what Travis Barker and DJ. Am have done...

i'd like to use Aerodrums to open our show...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Aerodrums in Canada

Post by admin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Russel, at the moment you cannot trigger a VSTi such as Superior Drummer with Aerodrums.
There has been a lot of demand for this at NAMM so it is 2nd on our priority list for updates.
We are implementing it by having Aerodrums output MIDI events. If you run Aerodrums on the same computer as the VST, we expect that you will have the advantage of very low MIDI latency compared to using MIDI hardware.

About Canada, we are not happy that Amazon.com cannot deliver musical instruments there (we are from the EU and assumed it could).

We will find a way to distribute Aerodrums in Canada, but I cannot give you a date yet. We are sorry about this.

What you are hoping to do with Aerodrums sounds great, I have sent you a pm.

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 pm

My impressions so far: very impressed with the video from namm ( the one that opens with the pan down revealing you Aerodrumming) really piqued my curiosity which led me to this site. Once here a little dispointed in the site itself...

First off joing the forums " name an adventure drums character?" WTF? Where you come from this might be as common as Fred and Wilma but i had no idea what you wanted, nor did a google search immediately make it any clearer. Finally took a stab at it after watching some videos.. Hint: if you want more forum traffic dont come up with ridiculous questions to fool the spambots!
Next, i thought this site didnt really explain the product in enough detail. For example, i just realised that you cannot(yet) control a vst drum program such as toontracks nor will the midi out be captured by the computer. So basically, for now its a method for live drumming only, with an option to export a wav. file captured from a live session. Also i felt that the samples contained in the package could be explained better, which kit was used.. How was it sampled etc.. Which mics were used?
I still have no real idea about your supplied kit but for the sounds heard on the namm video.. Info!
Not havIng it for Mac up front seemed odd to me at first. I simply assumed that 9 out of ten music studios used Macs.. But i can see that is changing quickly. Again, awaiting the release of that ( as well as the midi implimentation)

Getting back to the topic of availiability in Canada. Speaking with amazon.ca and making it availiable that way would really help as it would not incur duties, and international shipping costs. As the oroginal poster mentionned, ebay.ca or ebay.com would also work well.
Why not find a Canadian drummer rep that would be willing to demo and promo the product in major canadian cites? The 2 largest music stores in canada are: Long and Mcquades music and Steve's music which have many locations throughout Canada and are the "go to" places for musicians here. Contact them ( or have your canadian rep do it if you had one) and get it in all of those stores as well as having him/ her do live, in-store demos and workshops on saturdays to really show off the product.
Once the midi implement is on as well as the Mac availiability, I can see you selling hundreds if not thousands of unit here in Canada! By the way, your phd's arent in marketing by any chance are they?

Love the product, want to see it do well here. Good luck.

Marc cholette
Majoma music

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank you Goofparade for the tough love from Canada! We've taken your comments about the forum registration question, the current lack of MIDI support, and the details about the Aerodrums sounds on board.
We are working hard on the Mac version, MIDI support and availability in Canada.
Aerodrums has been over two years in the making, we know there are some things missing from a marketeer's point of view but there comes a point when it's time to launch.
With the help of our customers and people like you, we will get there.

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello again,

Well, its midi implementation day and of course its been availiable for Mac for a while now. Time to order right?

Or is it? Nothing on Amazon.ca. Nothing on ebay.ca and I cant seem to find anywhere to place my order without incurring
additional duty fees.... If you know where i can get Aerodrums in Canada please let me know, otherwise im left holding my cash in hand. As are many other Canadians i assume.

Best,

Goofparade

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm really sorry to disappoint but no one has any Aerodrums inventory in Canada yet.
I was just on the phone to Amazon.com again and they won't budge: they won't ship Aerodrums outside the US.
It is going to take us time to find a distribution channel in Canada and arrange a shipment.
I will keep you updated.

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 pm

I apreciate the effort. Have you tried contacting amazon.ca ? They are the Canadian version for Amazon customers.

Ebay.ca is what we use for items shipped within Canada.

Also the largest bricks and mortar retailer of musical instruments is Long and Mcquades. They have 52 locations i believe.

Steves music has locations all over the country as well.

Perhaps they would like to carry the product?

The largest online music presence is cosmomusic.com. They would be a wonderful choice for online only.

Please let me know when you will be able to secure distribution in Canada.

Best,

Gp

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Fri May 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Well, we are now in May and I still haven't heard anything about making this product available in Canada. I am starting to doubt your commitment to making this happen now.

I mean really,
how hard can it be to contact the Canadian branch of Amazon (amazon.ca) and arrange to stock this product over here.

I wont be posting anymore about this, good luck and goodbye.

Gp

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri May 02, 2014 6:44 pm

We're committed to making Aerodrums available in Canada. We are in talks with a US distributor who may be interested in listing Aerodrums on ebay.ca. I will update this thread when this, or another arrangement, materializes.
We have prioritized Mac and MIDI support and getting the word out, this is why availability in Canada is not happening as soon as we'd like. I am sorry that we have had to make that choice.

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 am

Update for Canadians seeking Areodrums:

I found a chap on ebay.com willing to ship from the U.S to canada. Shipping cost was about 15 dollars US.Still no word on duty cost yet as this notification often arrives via snail mail, sometime later. The duty cost might not come at all, will keep you posted on that.
This person on ebay usually has a block of 4 units, sells them, disapears for bit, then reposts a new block of 4 units.

Shipping was reasonably fast (8-9 days) and i was allowed to make a resonable offer which was accepted.

Simply type " aerodrums" in the ebay.com search engine..if he has some for sale you will immediatly see them, if not you will get results for " aerodrome" which has nothing to do with drumming.

Its not ideal, but hey.. Ive got it now and so can you!

Gp