VR

coppermine

VR

Post by coppermine » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi Richard,
Can you give us any idea how long before you release the VR update? I see there is a new drum VR application for the Vive on Steam, using the controller wands. I know it won't be as realistic as Aerodrums, but still, there are other VR drum titles coming out. I would have though that you would want to hit this niche market before someone else does.

regards

Alan

Richard

Re: VR

Post by Richard » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi Alan, I realise we're going to be releasing the VR update later than planned. We're still working on it but don't have a release date yet. One of the reasons it's taking so long is that we're making a lot of big changes under the hood (such as adding networking and switching to a new graphics engine) that will be very important further down the line.

Hoopermation

Post by Hoopermation » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:37 am

Very interested in this as well. I'd like to do some really great VR drum covers on YouTube sometime, and none of the Vive drum sims come close to Aerodrums!

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:25 pm

We're hoping to have a beta release before the end of the year.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:04 am

Let's see if it's going to be a white Christmas day this year,
Or. "we will see", said the blind man to the death man who said "What?".
It's time for VR before AR tackes grabs.
Holo will eventually get cheaper too.

I look forwads to AeroVR and at some time AR

Maybe I was wrong and a Dragon would have speeded things up a little more. But who cares? you guys are still persisting and will get there in the end.