Drums beginner

TabSel

Drums beginner

Post by TabSel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:32 am

Wow, what an incredible piece of tech you got there.
Saw Aerodrums some months ago and finally got my kit for birthday present.

I'm in no way an educated drummer, however I'm able to drum some basic grooves. All works so well, incredible.

Now, where do I go from here to learn some drumming basics, preferable online? Any ideas?

Pingo

Re: Drums beginner

Post by Pingo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:49 am

Goofparade

Re: Drums beginner

Post by Goofparade » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:40 am

Hi! I've had my Aerodrums for a couple of months and really found a practical use for it. I do music for Tv shows and love the midi out feature which lets me control and record virtual drums right into my DAW.

Tried a custom preset for one scene where I used no drums, only 8 cymbals spread ( crash, ride and splash) in a semi circle around me. For the visuals that it matched up to, and for me,it was the perfect way to dance around the cymbals, using the sensitive action of the sticks to create a convincing performance. I dont think it would have worked as well with the usual keyboard.

So hey, I'm really happy with it and am sure more composers, especially those with a bit of drumming in their past... will pick this up and use it all the time.

Sorry hope I'm not off topic here. :)

Oh!for turotrials I still like Youtube because you can be pretty specific about the lesson you want: ie Search " how to play a swung beat in 4/4" or show me "triplet fills"
there's are just so many available its mind boggling.

Anyway, thanks to the makers of Aerodrums for the brilliant invention and their continued support and updates> You guys rock!!

EDIT: To the makers of Aerodrums,

this may sound daft.. but you could go on a show like Dragon's Den (uk/BBC) or the Canadian version(cbc) of the same show. Shark Tank is the American version of it. Your product has visual appeal and the producers might find it novel enough to use in a segment. Viewers would be mesmerized by it, even non drummers.

The free publicity it would generate would be unbelievable. Sales would go through the roof!!
Marc