Need Help with Mac midi out

Goofparade

Re: Need Help with Mac midi out

Post by Goofparade » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:18 pm

It is progress indeed! Now I know that its not just an issue with my setup and the fact that youve contacted MOTU and are working on it is very encouraging.

Thanks and i will keep watching this spot and im sure other MOTU users will do as well.

Good luck and thank you,

Marc

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Dear Marc, the issue you observed was due to Aerodrums sending the MIDI notes as soon as it could. We have added an optional MIDI event scheduling feature that fixes it.
We haven't made an announcement for the update yet, but it is available for Mac on the software page, so you can try it now if you want.

The scheduler is now on by default, because we are not satisfied with the number of DAWs we have been able to test (some are expensive and don't have demo versions, or require hardware dongles to try).
It adds up to 1ms of latency when on. This is not perceptible on a good system. However, drummers who experience borderline latency and use a DAW that does not require the scheduler (e.g. Reaper) should turn it off.

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi,

I tried entering my purchase code and then downloading the updater, updated, rebooted and still had the same issues as before. Notes still tied together, very late etc.

The new scheduler is part of the updater or should i have looked elsewhere?

best,

Marc

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

Mmh, that's disappointing. Could you check if the title of the windows says "Aerodrums v1.0.12".
The scheduler is part of this update, you should see a new line next to the OK button in the MIDI screen that says "Use the MIDI note scheduler" with yes/no radio buttons under it (yes should be selected by default).
We are looking into what's happening. Sorry about the false hope.

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:03 pm

That was it! when I checked my download history, the update that I had downloaded yesterday wasn't the latest update for some reason.(time zones?)
When i tried today, there it was, new update number and voila, it worked! The scheduler is working just fine with MOTU DP8.

I tried loading the midi mapping for Addictive drums from this site. I clicked open to "aerodrums.ADMap" it asked "open with what", I found Addictive drums in my apps list, it opened a new instance but still had the wonky mappings. As for studio drummer I simply couldn't sort out what to do there with the 3 choices and the fact that SD resides inside of Kontakt to begin with.

So for now I'm happy to know that in principle its going great and I'm sure I'll sort out the mapping one way or another.

Thanks for your help and for implementing the new scheduler.

best,

Marc in Toronto

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:54 am

Oh great. About the Addictive Drums mappings, did you take a look at this page: http://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-wi ... -samplers/? If you scroll to the very bottom there are instructions for Addictive Drums 1 & 2 with screenshots. There are also instructions for Studio Drummer but unfortunately we don't know the exact path of the mapping file on Macs. I have read on the internet that it is "Mac HD / Users / (your username) / Library / Application Support / Studio Drummer / Data".

Goofparade

Post by Goofparade » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi again,

I followed your link to the tutorial for Addictive Drums. At first I couldn't find the proper folder path to drag the file into. I did however open the mapping page on my Addictive drums instance ( top right corner, under the question mark) and found that you could also "load" a new mapping setup. I pointed it to the downloaded Addictive drums folder/file that you provided on this site which was now sitting on my desktop and simply loaded the new mapping that way. I finally saved the Aerodrums version of the mapping within Addictive drums itself for future use.

Works great, recorded my first song with me drumming with sticks rather than mashing keys on a keyboard. Thanks!

Marc