Recording Menu not seen/MIDI

TLewis73

Recording Menu not seen/MIDI

Post by TLewis73 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:04 am

Greetings!
I am a new owner of Aerodrums and so far it's doing good on my Mac Mini running 10.9.4 Mavericks; I just have a couple of issues:
1) I do not see the full recording menu. As a result I cannot record drums and export as wav. files.
2) I would like to learn more about how to use Aerodrums in Logic Pro X using MIDI, i.e., Toontrack Drummer (I saw a youtube link but it was in French).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a Great Product; I just want to know and learn more about it. Thanks!

Richard

Re: Recording Menu not seen/MIDI

Post by Richard » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I don't quite understand the first issue. To recap: you can record non-MIDI performances within Aerodrums by striking the Record button from the drumming menu. Your recorded performances should then be listed in the listbox you can see if you press the Recordings button from the main menu. From here you can export any performance to a wav file. Which part of this is not working for you?

Regarding the second issue, I'll go over the steps briefly:
1. Create a software MIDI port on your Mac as described at http://www.aerodrums.com/manual/#midi
2. Run Logic Pro X and add a new software instrument track, then click I/O to bring up the plugin list and choose your Toontrack plugin from the AU instruments list. (You may also need to point Logic Pro to the IAC Bus #1 port you enabled in step 1.)
3. Run Aerodrums, click the MIDI button and select "MIDI Only". For the output port choose "CoreMIDI, IAC Bus #1".
4. You should now be able to trigger your Toontrack plugin from Aerodrums. The final step is to make a MIDI mapping. If you're using EZdrummer2, try choose either "Alesis" or "Roland" from Menu -> E-Drum -> Manufacturer and you'll get good results. If you're using Superior Drummer 2, send me a pm or an email and I'll help you out.

Let me know if you have trouble getting that to work. We'll be releasing more info on how to get drum plugins working with Aerodrums in a couple of weeks.

TLewis73

Post by TLewis73 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 am

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the reply and helpful info. Unfortunately I do not see many functions for recording list in the Recording Menu: just Play,export wav, include song, pan to center disable reverb and OK and Delete. I also loaded the program on my Macbook running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I get the same limited functions. I also do not see Metronome Settings for Volume and Panning. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 am

It sounds like what you're seeing is correct. Can you check if there are any .ael files in the Recordings folder wherever you installed Aerodrums? You need to record something before anything will be listed in the box labelled "Recordings list". Recording isn't automatic. You have to start/stop recording by hitting the button labelled "Record" each time you want to save a performance.

As with the record button, metronome settings are also only accessible from the drumming menu, i.e. you have to use a drumstick to hit the "Menu" button on the main drumming screen. You should be able to start/stop the metronome and set the tempo by hitting the button labelled "Metronome" and you should be able to change the metronome volume from the "Sound" menu.

TLewis73

Post by TLewis73 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Richard,
I do not see any ael.files as you mention. If I could have a phone number to talk with you so we could run thru this it would help a Great Deal! Of course, this will be in the strictest of confidence and Please excuse the unusual correspondence in this fashion. If you can please send info to my email address; tlewis73@mac.com or if you're on Skype (my username; lewdrum73) that would be also. Thanks

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 pm

No problem, I'll add you on Skype now.