Aerodrums are terrible

Sipaliwini

Re: Aerodrums are terrible

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:38 pm

I have answered your PM that had the same questions.

I am sorry about your frustration, I think the best way forward is for us to help you get to the bottom of the specific issues you are having so you can get back to playing Aerodrums like you used to, personally via private message or e-mail: the core of the program hasn't changed.

For the record, Aerodrums never required any other camera driver than the one we supply with the driver. In fact, installing such third party drivers can cause issues with the installation of our driver ( we explain how to work around this in the troubleshooter available at aerodrums.com/fixit ). You must have had to uninstall the driver you mention to get Aerodrums working when it was working well.

High frame rate monitors make no difference when playing Aerodrums. The frame rate figure you can see in the top left refers to how fast the camera is able to take pictures for the motion tracking. It has nothing to do with how fast the screen can display pictures.

The sample rate should be 44.1 KHz

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:11 pm

the thing that never really gets mentioned with the camera stand, is the height of your chair. I use a drum stool and sometimes an office chair.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Jeez thank you for your comment, I figured out what is happening to Smasha:

The fixed height and tilt of the stand makes it possible to set up without having to pan and tilt the camera:

In Aerodrums, if you have the stand and you select that you are using the stand in the preferences, instead of seeing the set up steps with the drawing of the drummer that lets you pan and tilt the camera, you get a simpler set up where you only have to make sure your feet appear in the right place in the frame.

Aerodrums only comes with "one size fits all" preset drum sets, but with the ability to make copies and adjust the placement of each drum/cymbal.

The issue of differences between using a chair or a throne is similar to the issue of different users having different heights.
To get the best result in both cases, you need to adjust the position of the drum pieces. Just like you would on an acoustic drum set.

This is independent of whether you are using the stand or not.

Smasha, when you resume trying:
-if your room lets you use the stand, use it.
-if it doesn't, go to preferences and untick the "Using camera stand" box to get the camera framing screen.

In both cases, to get the results you were used to before, make a copy of the preset kit you want and use the "place all drums" feature.

Smasha

Post by Smasha » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:38 am

I now have a new problem sigh.

I decided to attach the camera to a different usb port.

Did the setup,looked good.
Moved to my drum stool and there was NOTHING working,not one single hit.

Then the program crashed.

Now everytime I open Aerodrums,the Setup and Drum buttons are greyed out.

I could not find Aerodrums in Task Manger to close it.

This is becoming a joke now.

This program is BS.

I never had a problem on my old PC with Windows XP and when it was using the CL eye driver.

Problem after problem with the upgraded Aerodrums and Windows 10.

I COULD NOT FIND THE " PLACE ALL DRUMS" feature. FFS

Replugged the camera,still horrible erratic tracking with the sticks,only picking up a miniscule of what I am playing.

FUCKING DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are going into a rubbish bin and the camera stand as well.

I'm done!

Smasha

Post by Smasha » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:21 am

Tried everything,removed the display port cable on my monitor.

Using the HDMI cable.

Better but the small tom and ride cymbal is not registering at all which means you need a mansion sized room to use these .

I had none of these issues with the first Aerodrums that needed the cl eye driver.

The new upgraded Aerodrums do not like Windows 10 AT ALL.

Tried all I could to get em to work.

The only reason I rebought them is because I needed new reflectors,if I knew the upgraded Aerodrums were this bad,I wouldn't have bought them.

These are useless if you live in a small cave like me and have others with BIG tvs nearby.

They are not expensive compared to the Roland drumkits but you still need a big richarse home to put them in to make em work.

Only for the woke.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Since you had drummed well with Aerodrums before I was assuming you had done "Place all drums" before.

Here is how to do it:
-in the home screen, select "Drum kits"
-select the kit you want to customise
-click Clone, name the new kit, click Ok then Ok
-click Drum
-go to your seat, hit the Menu button
-hit "Drum kits", then "Adjust drums" then "Place all drums" then "Place all drums" again to confirm
-follow the instructions (the name of each piece is displayed in turn, and you hit firmly where you want that piece)
-when done hit "Save changes"

It sounds like placing all drums as described above would improve your results dramatically, since your room arrangement doesn't sound compatible with the preset kits.

If 6'x5' is too big, you can literally drum within a 6' x 2' space if you place the drums very close. Of course it won't be like playing a normal drum set with the pieces so close to each other.

I am sorry that you bought a second box just for spare parts, we sell replacement markers.

One last time on the other points:
-you can do everything just as well with the latest version of Aerodrums as you did with the first. The main difference is a companion app (Aerodrums 3D) was released to view your drums in 3D and VR, but you don't have to use it. Support for an easier way to setup if you have the camera stand was also added, but you don't need to use it either.
-Aerodrums never worked with CL Eye driver. That driver needs uninstalling for Aerodrums to work at all.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Smasha wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:21 am
The new upgraded Aerodrums do not like Windows 10 AT ALL.
You make a lot of assertions. I have 5 laptops (from 2009 to 2015), all updated to windows 10 and all with Aerodrums, and have never had a problem. Man, I’m doing live-gigs with Aerodrums, here it was last Saturday in a pub in Paris with a ten years old VAIO laptop, Windows 10 and an external Behringer sound-card.

361x640.jpg
361x640.jpg (50.52 KiB) Viewed 10603 times

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm

I will take your camera stand, if you decide to give em up.

Smasha

Post by Smasha » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 am

That's just weird.

I can only get erratic hits from my Aerodrums in a dark room and you have them working IN A SMALLSPACE in a lighted area.

WHY are mine not working properly?

:roll:

Not going to try to set them up again,I will go mad.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:39 am

condordontsurf wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm
I will take your camera stand, if you decide to give em up.
Hi condordontsurf, ok I'll leave it to you, I already have 2 of them. You're right, you can't let that go to waste.