Any Updates in sight?

Pascal22

Any Updates in sight?

Post by Pascal22 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Hello there!
As the title says: Are there any additional features or new preset kits set to be released in the near future? Would be nice to see something fresh!

DiceDemon

Re: Any Updates in sight?

Post by DiceDemon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:58 am

Agreed. No updates since 2017? In the software world that is an eternity. So it's working perfectly on all systems? No cool VR updates on 3D mode?? hmm.

I hate to bash because I'm a huge fan. Been playing real drums for 30 yrs. I live in an apartment, and I use Aerodrums to record midi tracks into my DAW, which then fires SD3. It sounds fantastic and Aerodrums tracks reasonably well.....until it crashes/stops halfway thru the song. Restart and try again, it might work this time.....

My computer is no slouch, and I'm an experienced engineer. I run a powerful DAW computer, with massive VST's, Nebula, UAD, Waves, etc. So it's not like I'm trying to do this on some Dell laptop...

Thanks
Todd

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am

Hi Todd, we are committed to making Aerodrums work stably and release updates whenever issues are discovered and fixed. It's true that the last major update wasn't since mid-2018 with the release of Aerodrums v1.1 but we are working hard on new stuff that hasn't been announced yet.

Regarding the crash you described, could you tell me if it is Aerodrums that crashes or your DAW or SD3? Have you tried to switch the value of the 'MIDI note scheduler' option on the Aerodrums MIDI screen? Disabling this option has fixed certain issues for other users where their DAW would become unresponsive after some time.

DiceDemon

Post by DiceDemon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:06 am

Richard,
Thanks for the kind response, I hope I didn't come across overly negative, I'm a huge fan and supporter. To hear that new things are in the works is awesome!

Just to track things down for right now, I'm not using the DAW/SD3 combo and just using Aerodrums with MIdiEditor freeware just to see what's going on....

It very much could be just something with my computer system, with so many variables....

Also, right now, I'm unable to get through the set-up process, the kick drums never turn green (I purchased the camera mount) no matter what angles I try, so I'm thinking maybe something is corrupted on my end. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I will also try the "midi note scheduler" option as well.

Thanks Richard!
Todd

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:14 pm

DiceDemon wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:06 am
Also, right now, I'm unable to get through the set-up process, the kick drums never turn green (I purchased the camera mount) no matter what angles I try . . .
I don't understand how you could try different angles with the Aerodrums camera mount? If you can change angles with your mount, then there is definitively something broken or you don’t have the official one from aerodrums.com. Can you join a photo of your stand?

Also I don’t understand when you say “the kick drums never turn green”. Can you explain what exactly is happening?

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 am

Hi Todd, I'm also confused by what you mean when you say that the kick drums never turn green. Can you clarify?

Smasha

Post by Smasha » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:14 pm

I have the same problem with the kick pedal positioning.

They register here and there.

The new Aerodrums are very flaky.

The stand has NO adjustment at all which is a poor oversight.

I had none of these problems with the original Arodrums when I primitively taped the camera to my PC desk.

The only problem was the reflected surface on the sticks and pedal pads diminishing ,then I gave them away.

Bought the "upgraded" Aerodrums and stand and nothing but problems.

I moved the camera into a hallway where there is no light,hit the SETUP button and RED STREAKS all over the screen.

The old Aerodrums I could even have some lights on and they would work.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Smasha wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:14 pm
I have the same problem with the kick pedal positioning.
They register here and there.
The new Aerodrums are very flaky.
I really don’t understand what you want to say, but can it be that the camera has fallen down? It was happening to me with the effect, that the red ball in the setup-screen was jumping all around. It was the transparent plastic which was broken. This plastic does nothing for Aerodrums, it’s just to protect the LEDs and your fingers, so you could take it off carefully and see if it helps. And if it is this, verify your lens like Richards tells here: https://aerodrums.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 276bfa6ed5

Smasha wrote:
NO, THIS IS A FEATURE!

BTW, this is a public forum, and I invite you to lower your tone a little if you would like someone to help you. (If it’s this what you want). Aerodrums is a good product, I’m using it nearly everyday since 5 years. So your recurrent problems might come from your side.

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Wolfgang, How is the camera stand adjustable? I thought it just fit in there one way.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:34 pm

condordontsurf wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:24 pm
Wolfgang, How is the camera stand adjustable? I thought it just fit in there one way.
Sure, sorry if I wasn’t clear.
Smasha wrote:
And I wanted to say
NO, THIS NO adjustment at all IS A FEATURE!