Greetings! Prospective User Question

fogle622

Greetings! Prospective User Question

Post by fogle622 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered Aerodrums today through the Davitt & Hanser https://www.davitthanser.com/services website. I'm excited at the product possibilities. I've looked at a few videos, looked over the online installation guide and have combed through the Aerodrums website to learn as much as I can about the product.

:?: One thing I've discovered is the camera driver and software are optimized for the Sony Playstation Eye camera by Sony, or "the camera". I found out through a review video that the camera is not included in the Aerodrums box. Shouldn't this important fact be noted in the documentation or the website?

:?: I noticed one of the users created some (very nice sounding) brushed snare drum and cymbal samples. Do any of the drum sample kits included in the Aerodrums software feature brushes?

Richard

Re: Greetings! Prospective User Question

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi, thanks for your interest.

The review you watched must have been quite old - a long time the camera was shipped separate from the box but this is no longer the case. You receive everything you need inside the box now.

No, the built-in Aerodrums sounds don't include brush samples. We do have brush samples ready but have not released them yet. Another option is to trigger brush sounds through a MIDI VST such as Modern Jazz Brushes (part of Addictive Drums 2).

fogle622

Post by fogle622 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Richard,

Thank you for responding so quickly to my questions. It is nice to know forum activity is actively monitored.

The review video was posted January 7, 2017. It is a very positive review. The reviewer has a dog lying around in almost every scene. Some of the dog poses are hilarious! Here is a link to the video. https://youtu.be/SNPl81FoXxo.

It's nice to know you have some brush samples in the works. The Nashville Sound,, or classic country as many people call it, uses a right hand brush and left hand side stick (rim shot) technique. Since Aerodrums allows custom kits and recognizes both left and right hands, I am hopeful I can create a simple hybrid stick/brush kit.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 pm

It will definitely be possible to set up a kit like that. One way to do it is to have two separate drum pieces with the left piece triggering the side stick and the right piece triggering the brush samples. The alternative would be to create a new drum piece where side stick samples are used for left hand hits and brush samples are used for right hand hits. If you want to try this out at some point let me know and I can help you out.

fogle622

Post by fogle622 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Richard,

Thank you for your offer. I'll likely take you up on it when the time comes.