NVidia 2060 RTX Low framerate

Richard

Re: NVidia 2060 RTX Low framerate

Post by Richard » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm not sure what's going on here but I will talk to the other developers about it.

Thanks for your offer to help - I might prepare a minimal test program for you that will use the camera but not create a window or use any graphics. This will help us determine if the problem is related solely to the camera or if it has anything to do with graphics.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:46 am

I've sent you a private message with a link to a couple of programs to run.

One program will stream frames from the camera without any graphics at all and report the FPS.
The other program will stream and display the frames in a window but uses a minimal amount of graphics overhead compared to Aerodrums.

When you have time please try run them both and let me know the FPS results. Thanks.

peteramour

Post by peteramour » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:47 pm

Just to let you know that I have been using Aerodrums a lot, for long periods of time, and using my workaround, with lots of apps and software running at the same time, the behaviour has been perfect. If you ever find out the issue, give me a shout.
Thanks

Aice

Post by Aice » Mon May 01, 2023 7:32 pm

Hello everybody, I'm Brazilian and I apologize in advance for my English. This month I bought an aerodrums and I had difficulties in setting it up, because I was having low fps that alternated between 70 and 100 every second having a change. I looked for possible solutions and I only got a stability of 125 when I did the same thing informed by the user in this topic. I left the webcam software open and the aerodrum is stable. Is there any definitive solution? I am using it on Dell gamer G7 notebook with Nvidea GForce 1080 Ti

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 02, 2023 12:24 pm

It sounds like your Dell G7 notebook has two graphics cards - an integrated Intel card and an NVIDIA card. By default Windows is probably running Aerodrums using the Intel card, which will be quite weak compared to the NVIDIA card. Could you try to force Windows to use the NVIDIA card when running Aerodrums to see if that helps?

If you are using Windows 10 for example you can try the following:
- Press Windows key+S to bring up the Windows search bar
- Type "Graphics settings" and click on it
- This should open a window where you can browse for an app
- Browse for "aerodrums.exe", then select it and click the "Options" button
- You will then be able to pick which graphics card will be used to run Aerodrums