Aerodrums recording

Yotam Cohen

Aerodrums recording

Post by Yotam Cohen » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi guys, I’m want to record my drumming on aerodrums :) . I’d be happy to know how, are you guys know from where to start?
For example, how to record on Logic Pro, soundtrap on the internet or another software that you suggest?

Thanks,
Yotam

Richard

Re: Aerodrums recording

Post by Richard » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:42 pm

There are two general approaches, depending on whether or not you're happy to use the built-in Aerodrums sounds (or custom sounds you have added to Aerodrums).

If you want to use the built-in sounds then you can enter the menu from the drumming screen and hit the Record button. This will save your performance which can later be reviewed and exported as a .wav file from the Recordings menu (accessible from the home screen). You can then import this .wav file into Logic Pro.

The other option is to use Aerodrums in MIDI mode and configure things so that Logic Pro triggers its own drum kit sounds based on the MIDI notes received from Aerodrums. Once you have set this up you can record your performance directly within Logic Pro. This is probably the best option for recording as it will give you more control such as the ability to clean up mistakes in the performance.

There are a couple of videos here that demonstrate how to set this up (using Reaper but Logic Pro will be similar):
https://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-w ... -samplers/

Let us know if you have any more questions about this.

Yotam Cohen

Re: Aerodrums recording

Post by Yotam Cohen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Thanks!