Need help with latency issue

rainsoul

Need help with latency issue

Post by rainsoul » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi I recently got aerodrums, they are nice, however I am having trouble with latency issue. According to your website, wasapi exclusive mode is the best possible option to select in the latency menu. However, it is greyed out and I am unable to select it.

I am on windows 10 64bit. I have nvidia gtx970 graphics card and i5 4690 processor with 8gb ram. I use a usb soundcard called audioquest dragonfly black for sound output. I have adjusted the sample rate and checked the two exclusive mode boxes as suggested by your website. However, I can only select shared wasapi option in aerodrums, exclusive wasapi is still greyed out. I am not very tech savy, so I am not sure, what is wrong and what I am lacking or if I am doing something wrong. I also downloaded aiso4all, aerodrums lets me select it, but there is no sound, when I test using the test option. I would really appreciate your help on this. Many thanks.

Richard

Re: Need help with latency issue

Post by Richard » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 am

Hi, I saw that my colleague replied to the email you sent us with some suggestions for things to try.

rainsoul

Post by rainsoul » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:54 pm

hi should i post my reply here or should i just keep the conversation on email?
in short, i tried the sebarent card you mentioned elsewhere it gives me the option for exclusive wasapi, so the issue lies with my audioquest sound card. but the sound on the seberant is terrible which is understanable as it is a cheap card. i also have another cheap card that i need to try.

basically i am looking for a soundcard reccomendation which you may have tested or know about which gives good sound quality with low latencey (wasapi exclusive mode supported), hopefully something not expensive. as i am on a tight budget. Any recommendations or suggestion would be really helpful. many thanks

rainsoul

Post by rainsoul » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Richard wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 am
Hi, I saw that my colleague replied to the email you sent us with some suggestions for things to try.
after testing the setting for the soundcards I have. I have noticed the two sound cards that work with exclusive wasapi have 16 bit 44.1k option in the sample rate (which is considered cd quality) and this is the one selected. The audioquest has 24 bit 44.1k option in the sample rate (dvd quality), there is no option for 16 bit 44.1 k in audioquest control panel. Could this be the crux of the issue? and if so, anyway to resolve it on your end? or anything I could do to solve this? Many thanks

Hi, I also got a response from gordon rankin, audio engineer and designer of audioquest soundcard, the reply from gordon which I am quoting:

"You would have to talk to the software company. That is completely out of our control. It is really basic to take 16 bit samples and pad them to 24 bits"

I don't know what it mean technically but I take it, there is some adjustment on your end or update to the software that can be done, so people with 24 bit dacs like me can also use exclusive wasapi mode? Thanks

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi, we may be able to do something about this on our end but the first step will be to confirm that Exclusive WASAPI mode works for you in other applications, as per my colleagues email.

rainsoul

Post by rainsoul » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:16 am

Hi thanks, I will continue further correspondence about this issue via email