Hi-hat trouble

derums

Hi-hat trouble

Post by derums » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:45 am

Since I upgraded to the newest version of the software, it is not recognizing that my hihat is completely closed. I tried messing with the sensitivity and the placement of the pedals, ran setup again, and still no matter how hard I hit I can't just get a clean tip of stick sound by itself. It's imediately followed by a hi-hat splash. Did the sample you provided with the update have this extra hit in it cause it seems to happen everytime. Please advise. I love the aerodrums and am making a full review for youtube, but I want to make sure I am evaluating them properly as a professional gigging drummer.

good work guys.
Leif

Sipaliwini

Re: Hi-hat trouble

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:49 am

Hello Leif, thank you for reviewing Aerodrums. The last update shouldn't cause the problem you describe. I have tried to reproduce it with no luck, I'd like to ask you a few questions to narrow the tests down:

If you look closely at the hi-hat pedal graphic on the Aerodrums screen, do you still see some blue on the gauge when you intend for your hi-hat to be completely closed?

Which drum kit are you using? If not one of the presets, did you add the "13in hi-hat foot splash" element? If not, could you give me the list of elements?
(About the hi-hat splash samples, they have been here from the start, but currently they are only used by the "13in hi-hat foot splash" element. We provided this element to give people a way to trigger hi-hat splashes with their sticks, because it isn't possible yet to trigger them with the pedals another pedal, because it isn't possible yet to trigger them with the hi-hat pedal itself. This will become possible in the next feature update.)

Could the "hi-hat splash" that you mention also be described as a closed hi-hat edge (or shaft) hit, or is there a proper ring to it?

Since you mention our splash samples, I guess it is not the case, but let me ask anyway: are you in MIDI mode?

Sorry it's a lot of questions, we'd really like to get to the bottom of it to fix it.
Last edited by Sipaliwini on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sipaliwini

Re: Hi-hat trouble

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:24 am

I'm sorry I said wrong things in my haste to reply:

The "13in hi-hat foot splash" element we provide is triggered by foot, not sticks: it adds an extra pedal to the kit. It is used in the "Percussion" kit. Could it be that you were using this kit and that your foot was over this pedal rather than the hi-hat pedal, causing Aerodrums to think your hi-hat was open?