optional note-off message for drums

sambosun

optional note-off message for drums

Post by sambosun » Sun May 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Kontakt stops working after 1 min of playing. I believe its because the drum kit does not send a midi off message.
Could this be???

Thanks
Sam

sambosun

Re: optional note-off message for drums

Post by sambosun » Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 pm

I tried to play Logic Pro X Drummer but Logic will stop all sounds when playing the Aerodrum snare 60 times.
Any idea? I have to initialise logics audio engine via start stop. and Kontakt 5 standalone via the panic button.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 am

We haven't had time to do as much testing on these samplers as we have on other popular samplers. We will investigate the issue and get back to you.
(Like I said in the other thread, please check that you have run the latest Aerodrums updater).

sambosun

Post by sambosun » Mon May 26, 2014 1:46 am

Hey. I've run Aerodrums today for the first time. Due to lack of a cd drive (running a new Mac Pro) I've downloaded version 1.09 directly from your page.

Thanks for the feedback.

sambosun

Post by sambosun » Mon May 26, 2014 1:56 am

From the other thread regarding stage mode what exactly is it doing?
Because I turned that on right from the beginning but didn't noticed any difference compared to when it's turned off other that the menu button changed to a mute button.

For your info about my mac where I'm running Aerodrums on:
Mac Pro 6,1| 6 core | 64GB Ram | Mac OS 10.9.3

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon May 26, 2014 9:37 am

Sorry for asking such as basic question first, we're looking into Logic and Kontakt.

About stage mode, it doesn't do more than you describe :) It's there so people can relax during moments of a performance when the drums need to be quiet, instead of being tense trying to remain still to avoid hitting any drums. It also places the Mute button further out of the way, because some users have reported they sometimes hit the Menu button unintentionally (this is an issue we will keep looking at).

matkatmusic

Post by matkatmusic » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:23 pm

NoteOFF messages should be a priority.

check out the sample midi that comes with EzDrummer. These were created on VDrums, so you have a good idea of what midi signals VDrums generate.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Yes note-off has been a priority, we have tested it and it solved an issue that was reported with Kontakt.
We will be releasing it shortly along with other updates, but for those who are affected right now, please send me a pm and I will send you a link to a preliminary version (please give your platform in your pm).

sambosun

Post by sambosun » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:15 am

Its working flawlessly I love you guys. Thanks for the Note Off feature.

>sam

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:52 am

Posting quickly in this thread to say that the note off and long MIDI port list fixes are released now.