Lens focus?

norhythm

Lens focus?

Post by norhythm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:58 am

Should the lens attachment be in focus? It seems blurry when the ps3 eye alone is very clear. Is it only necessary for the increased field of view?

Below what latency value (buffer size) provides the best experience? I understand that lower is better, but for most users what is a satisfactory number to aim for?

Thanks!

Sipaliwini

Re: Lens focus?

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:50 am

The blur is normal, it helps with tracking robustness without requiring blurring in software, which is costly. True, the blur is not ideal in the seat framing stage of setup, but the picture is clear enough for the task.
Without the lens, you'd need to be further from the camera to see your feet and sticks, and the lamp would need to be much brighter for retro-reflection to still work well enough (assuming recent LEDs could achieve it using the power from a USB port).

About the audio buffer size, unfortunately it all depends on the audio hardware of your computer. I would say that it is better to aim below 128 samples. The drummers who tried Aerodrums at NAMM were all happy with the latency when using 128 samples. All consumer laptops we've tested Aerodrums on can do that without audio glitches. Is it your case?

How are you finding Aerodrums? Is the performance indicator in the top left corner consistently green? We are working on reducing the computer requirements and we'd really like feedback from users about performance.

norhythm

Re: Lens focus?

Post by norhythm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:16 am

Yes I have been running lower than 128 samples so it's doing well then.

On both my 2008 MacBook Pro (bootcamp windows 7) and my Core i7 PC I have consistent green performance.