Problem with lamp lens

WillKerr

Problem with lamp lens

Post by WillKerr » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi, I received aerodrums yesterday and they were great! However, when I used them today, there was a ring of light present in the image which did not allow the markers to be picked up. As far as I'm aware, I've set up everything correctly.

I understand from a previous post that this might have been caused by the lens becoming dislodged (I don't know how, as I didn't remove the lamp - only moved the lamp and camera slightly as a unit). From a previous topic in this forum, the solution to this was either to attempt to push the lens back and secure it with glue or to get the lamp replaced. I would rather try and fix the problem myself so I can get using them as soon as possible. So my question is: if I attempt to move the lens myself and it doesn't work, will my warranty still be valid, given that I would have have tampered with it?

Thanks,
Will

Sipaliwini

Re: Problem with lamp lens

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:00 pm

I am sorry about this defect, thank you for putting in the effort to try to fix it yourself.

If you are not successful, your warranty will definitely not be voided and we will send you a new lamp.

lordbullingdon

Post by lordbullingdon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Hello,

Rather than creating a new thread I thought I would just add to this one.

I received my AD kit two days ago, and started to set it all up right away. Not until after a few hours of playing did I notice that on the floor was lying the lamp lens -- i.e. it must have detached itself from the lamp when I mounted it onto the camera without noticing. My question is -- can I just pop it right back myself, or is it important that the configuration be done in manufacturing? Like someone else mentioned, I keep getting a "too bright room" message, even when I keep the lighting to a minimum, so perhaps it has something to do with the lens?

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:07 am

Hello, I am sorry about this defect. We can send you a new lamp if you email us at the warranty address.
It is definitely possible to put the lens back yourself and have Aerodrums work as well as it would with a new lamp, if the strength of the lens bond was the only defect:
-remove the lamp from the camera
-put a tiny dot of general purpose glue or super glue on the side of the lens socket (not the bottom of the socket or it may extend onto the visible part of the lens)
-insert the lens into the socket, curved side facing towards you, and press it all the way down using a tissue. You can press firmly, it is important that the lens reaches the bottom of the socket.
-give the glue 15 min to dry

If after doing this you can see a red ring in the lighting check screen of the setup, you will need a new lamp.

lordbullingdon

Post by lordbullingdon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:18 pm

Thank you for replying. Since I asked my question, I realize what a stupid one it was. "Can I just pop it back myself?" I asked. Bold as I am, I tried this very solution and voila, it worked. I have actually not glued it on, because I find it sits rigid enough on the camera. In fact, being able to remove the lens makes it easier to clean it, so the issue is not really an issue anymore.