Using Assigned Symbols

BenEarthside

Using Assigned Symbols

Post by BenEarthside » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:03 am

Hi I had a question regarding symbols with custom-loaded sounds (on the notation key, the items on the right hand side with the orange boxes).

Once I've loaded a sample there (example china), how do I then add that corresponding symbol to the staff? I haven't been able to find a clear answer to that so far.

Thanks,
Ben

Richard

Re: Using Assigned Symbols

Post by Richard » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi Ben, if you want to get an audible china into your notation, there are two steps...

First go to the Drum Samples tab within Preferences, find "China" and in the "Right hand" edit box underneath it, enter "<default>". This will load the built-in china samples. You can of course specify a path to your own china samples here if you prefer.

Now go to the Notation Key tab and find the row labelled "China" (3rd from the bottom). Select which staff line you'd like the china symbol to appear on by clicking to place a blue box. Next, on the same row but on the right half, click again to place an orange box under the symbol you'd like to use to represent the china hits.

Click Close (or click Save if you'd like these changes to persist between Aered sessions) and you should now to be able to place chinas on your staff and hear them during playback.