Trying to have an open and closed hats Addictive Drums 2

BDW430

Trying to have an open and closed hats Addictive Drums 2

Post by BDW430 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:00 am

So i wanna run 2 hi hats on (one open and an aux closed) AD 2. But it only has one dedicated hi hat slot before it goes to the flex slots. I'm just wondering if AD2 would be able to keep the degree of openness i would have on the hat while in the flex slot?

Richard

Re: Trying to have an open and closed hats Addictive Drums 2

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Aerodrums supports two MIDI hi-hats where one will transmit openness using CC4 and the other will use CC1. The MIDI notes are listed in the manual: http://aerodrums.com/manual/#midi

In the AD2 Map Window under the 'CC Hihat' tab you can set values for 'CC Number' and 'CC Number (secondary)'. These default to 4 and 1 respectively, the same as Aerodrums.

So I thought two CC controlled hi-hats would be possible.

But looking closer, the only hi-hat articulations that use CC in AD2 are:

CC HiHat Bell
CC HiHat Shaft
CC HiHat Tip

There are no equivalents for a secondary hi-hat. There are separate 'HH Closed 1 Tip', 'HH Closed 2 Tip' etc. but these don't use CC as far as I know. It might be worth double-checking this though by trying the following mappings in AD2:

'HH Closed 1 Tip' -> note 46 ('Hi-hat (bow)' in Aerodrums)
'HH Closed 1 Shaft' -> note 26 ('Hi-hat (edge)' in Aerodrums)
'HH Closed 2 Tip' -> note 27 ('Hi-hat 2 (bow)' in Aerodrums)
'HH Closed 2 Shaft' -> note 28 ('Hi-hat 2 (edge)' in Aerodrums)

This probably won't work but it's the only idea I have.

BDW430

Post by BDW430 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:56 am

I actually discovered a workaround for this. I used the 9 inch tambourine or the cowbell if i wanted to in Aero, which automatically categorized it as a Flex slot in AD2. I was able to pick a secondary hi hat within the Flex slot options and select either Hits B,C or D to choose the degree of openness i wanted (only applies to hi hats) or Hit A if i wanted just another fully closed hat =) Hope this might help out someone else as well.

Mr Flow

Post by Mr Flow » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi,

couldn't you just use the the clutch setting from Aerodrums?

BDW430

Post by BDW430 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Yeah that was my first attempt. But it just registers as just a silent version of the same MIDI note. I had to set it as something completely different (the tambourine in Aero or the cow bell if i wanted to), and it just happened by default to fall into the Flex slot on AD 2