Aerodrums with Garageband hi-hat problem

Raizo

Aerodrums with Garageband hi-hat problem

Post by Raizo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:22 pm

So I've managed to successfully trigger the drum samples in Garageband using Aerodrums and everything seems to work fine, except for the hi-hat.
I can't seem to be able to play with it closed, so it's always an open hi-hat. Does anyone know how to configure/map this correctly in Garageband?

Richard

Re: Aerodrums with Garageband hi-hat problem

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Does Garageband support continuous hihat openness or does it only allow the hihat to be either open or closed?

It is probably the case that Garageband doesn't respond to MIDI CC4 for hi-hat openness, which Aerodrums outputs.

This has come up with a couple of other programs on the forum and a workaround is available that will hopefully work with Garageband.

Please see this post for my instructions on how to enable the workaround:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=938#p2362

If you try it, it would be great if you could let us know if it works. Thanks.

Raizo

Post by Raizo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Richard wrote:Does Garageband support continuous hihat openness or does it only allow the hihat to be either open or closed?

It is probably the case that Garageband doesn't respond to MIDI CC4 for hi-hat openness, which Aerodrums outputs.

This has come up with a couple of other programs on the forum and a workaround is available that will hopefully work with Garageband.

Please see this post for my instructions on how to enable the workaround:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=938#p2362

If you try it, it would be great if you could let us know if it works. Thanks.
Thanks Richard, your suggestion solved my problem! Now I can play the hi-hat either fully open or closed.

As far as I know Garageband probably doesn't support continuous openness of the hi-hat. The triggered samples are either open or closed.
I'll probably need to look into some other drum plugins for better performance.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Great, thanks for the update.