Making New Drum Kit - Wav specifications

absurd

Making New Drum Kit - Wav specifications

Post by absurd » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:54 am

Hi Richard,

First of all awesome product! I'm using version 1.0.20 on macbook pro
Im trying to load new wav samples, to create my own drumkits, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
For example, the samples from the free kit 60s Rogers Pop ( https://www.drumdrops.com/drum-samples/ ... -Kit/intro )
Don't seem to work. When I import the samples, and make my new kit and try to play. Aerodrums crashes, when trying to set the position of the snare.

The samples are, 24 bit mono, broadcast wave. With 3 velocities for each Element.

My Folder structure is as such:
AD_Folder-structure.jpg
AD_Folder-structure.jpg (48.22 KiB) Viewed 12759 times

Even when I try to convert the wav files using Sound Grinder Pro, it doesn't work.
I had the same problem with other samples, wich were stereo.

Any Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Mattias

Richard

Re: Making New Drum Kit - Wav specifications

Post by Richard » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Mattias, I took a look at those wav files. They seem to use some very uncommon wav format that we don't currently support. We should have a fix for this in the next Aerodrums update so thank you for reporting it.

Not sure why re-saving the wavs in Sound Grinder Pro didn't help...I guess it retained the same format encoding as the original. I tried the same experiment in Audacity and it worked fine. I opened one of the wav files in Audacity, went to File -> Export, chose "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM", clicked Save and I could open the resulting file in Aerodrums. So for now I suggest just using Audacity to re-save the wavs. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:53 pm

The next update will have the fix for this. We were only handling the Microsoft WAVE format correctly, not the Broadcast WAVE format.

absurd

Post by absurd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am

Great :)