Three foot trackers?

2realbasspedals

Three foot trackers?

Post by 2realbasspedals » Sun May 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi, i wolud like to use a real bass pedal with practice pad, as demonstrated in the "foot tecnique video".

Instead of just using one i would just like to be able to use two! The problem is that if I fix the two reflekses to the pedals i have no way of quickly switching to the hi-hat pedal. What i really would like to be able to is have a third refleks on my left foot that the camera then "sees" and registers as soon as i take my foot of the bass pedal :D

This wolud be absolutely awesome because i would feel very free to switch from doing different doubble bass drum tecniques to utilizing the hi hat for different grooves also. 8-)

Espen

Re: Three foot trackers?

Post by Espen » Mon May 16, 2016 7:12 pm

I have actually thought this exactly same thing!

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 16, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm not sure how easy it would be to do what you describe...having a marker on your foot and the pedal at the same time might cause issues but we have some untested ideas for how to get around this. It would definitely require a software update though.

The case of having three markers attached to three physical pedals would be quite easy to support (but also isn't currently) and the case where you're using something like the Hansenfutz practice pedal while wearing foot markers will obviously work.

Thanks for raising this issue. We will keep it in mind for the future.

2realbasspedals

Post by 2realbasspedals » Mon May 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Thanks :) I was thinking about buying the hansen fütz pedals too, but then having the markers connected to the pedal istead of my foot. I that way the camera would track the pedals movement instead of my foots motion, which could be important when using different doubble stroke tecniques. :)

Three permanent footmarkers would also be great :D (In the case of having only two pedals: I se that when aerodrums suddenly needs to register a new marker and name it (right foot marker, middle foot marker ect.) in the middle of playing, that there might be problems with accidental drum triggering)

It is more costly if I need to buy three hansen füts pedals, but I am going to fix it by making my own hi-hat pedal with a spirng hinge and two boards of wood ^^ So I will only buy two hansen fütz pedals :)