Will tuning ever be supported in updates??

mr rone

Will tuning ever be supported in updates??

Post by mr rone » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:58 pm

the only thing that is really bumming me out about the aerodrums is the inability to adjust the pitch of the drums in the software! i really do like the samples and I do not want to have to use another drumming program but I guess that is my only option? I looked through these forums and saw that the addition of tuning was being considered, can we expect to see this update soon? I got these primarily for home recording and really need to adjust the pitch of the snare :'(

Ringowig

Re: Will tuning ever be supported in updates??

Post by Ringowig » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 am

Hi...I think a tuning option would also be a nice feature. I've recently experimented with recording my aerodrums , exporting as individual waves, and THEN playing with pitch etc once the drums were loaded back in to my audio editor, which also worked well. I know it would be nice to actually hear the pitch you're aiming for as you record but this worked ok for me anyway. Cheers!

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks Ringowig, I was about to suggest the same thing.

We are currently working on the update that will add a 3D view of the drum kit to Aerodrums. This will come in a couple of months. We haven't looked at the addition of a tuning feature yet but it won't come until in the year if we add it.

If others are also keen to have this feature please let us know here.

keefdabass

Post by keefdabass » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:49 am

Yes please Richard. Tuning facility would be great. And if possible, the ability to delete AD recordings from the drum menu screen rather than having to mouse it. I don't have the layout or cable lengths to have the PC next to me while I drum - played so many bum takes today I was up & down more than a souffle in Masterchef. :oops:

BDW430

Post by BDW430 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:21 am

keefdabass wrote:Yes please Richard. Tuning facility would be great. And if possible, the ability to delete AD recordings from the drum menu screen rather than having to mouse it. I don't have the layout or cable lengths to have the PC next to me while I drum - played so many bum takes today I was up & down more than a souffle in Masterchef. :oops:
If i may suggest, I just realized i had the same problem myself and bought a wireless mouse, using my leg as the mouse pad. Now i have full control over everything without having to get up once =)

keefdabass

Post by keefdabass » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks BDW430, good idea.
I've never been a fan of wireless keyboards/mice as you lose another USB port to them and I used to get a lot of 'dropouts' on the mouse, which is probably why I didn't consider it, but could be an ideal solution in the short term.
I'll give it a go. Thanks mate.

ccampanya

Post by ccampanya » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:22 pm

I had the same problem and I bought an extension cord for USB (http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-extension-cable).

It works pretty well :)