Addictive Drums 2 cymbal problem

BDW430

Addictive Drums 2 cymbal problem

Post by BDW430 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:55 pm

On my Aerodrums kit im running 4 cymbals (2 crashes, 1 splash, 1 china). Everything else is routed fine, but all 4 cymbals seem to be split between just cymbals 1 and 2 in AD2...is there any explanation as to why this is?

Richard

Re: Addictive Drums 2 cymbal problem

Post by Richard » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:57 pm

This depends on how your kit is set up in AD2 because it's not possible for use to provide a single map file that will work in all cases. Let me explain. I'll assume you're using the AD2 map we provide on this page: http://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-wi ... -samplers/

The MIDI section of the Aerodrums manual (http://aerodrums.com/manual/#midi) has a table that shows which MIDI notes Aerodrums outputs for each drum/cymbal.
Here is an excerpt that shows that for 'crash 1' we send note 49:

In the AD2 Map Window, with the Aerodrums map loaded, you can see that we have mapped 'CYM 1' in AD2 to note 49 (see region highlighted in red). This results in AD2 triggering CYM 1 whenever it receives note 49 from Aerodrums.

Looking at the Aerodrums map we provide again, I see that we have mapped the Aerodrums crash 1, 2 and 3 to 'CYM 1', 'CYM 2' and 'CYM 3' in AD2.
Now, if your Aerodrums kit contains a splash, we will output note 55 for this (see first image). This isn't handled correctly with the Aerodrums map file.
So what you'll want to do to make this work is see which piece in your AD2 kit corresponds to the splash - is it 'CYM 1' or 'CYM 5' or 'FLEX 1' for example.
Then in AD2 you'll want to select that piece and assign it to note 55.
This will result in AD2 triggering the splash when it receives note 55 from Aerodrums.

Any other incorrect mappings can be fixed in the same way. It should be quite quick to make these changes and you can then save the new mapping preset under a new name.
Hope that is clear, let me know if it's not.