Midi maps Superior Drummer 3

DarkLane

Midi maps Superior Drummer 3

Post by DarkLane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am

Hi, I was wondering if there was any progress with midi maps for Superior Drummer 3 to date? I love my aerodrums but am not extremely technical. I would like to use my post-rock expansion in Superior drummer3 with my aerodrums but I could use some more detailed tutorial on how I could do that.
My main question would be, in my DAW, after I add the Roland drum map, do I need to adjust it somehow so Aerodrums can see the particular drums?
my confusion remains :)

Any help would be great.

Richard

Re: Midi maps Superior Drummer 3

Post by Richard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:07 pm

As far as I'm aware, Toontrack added an Aerodrums MIDI map to Superior Drummer 3. So you should select this and also make sure that the 'Default' MIDI map is selected from the Aerodrums MIDI screen. Let me know if you can't find that option and I'll suggest an alternative approach.

You shouldn't be adding any Roland drum map in your DAW. In fact, I suggest trying to run the standalone Superior Drummer 3 application and try to get that working well with Aerodrums first before involving your DAW.

If you can't get to the stage where you can play Aerodrums and hear corresponding sounds from Superior Drummer 3 then please let me know. There is a tutorial on setting up MIDI with Aerodrums for Mac and Windows here that might be of help: https://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-w ... -samplers/

DarkLane

Re: Midi maps Superior Drummer 3

Post by DarkLane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks Richard, I´ll try what you suggest. I didn´t realize Toontrack had updated that quickly. i guess I was looking in the wrong place.... :)