Aerodrums and Windows 10

eirlysbill

Aerodrums and Windows 10

Post by eirlysbill » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm that Aerodrums is compatible with Windows 10. I'm guessing it is; just not sure.

Thanks,
Bill

Sipaliwini

Re: Aerodrums and Windows 10

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 am

Hello Bill,

I'm ashamed to say we haven't tested this yet. However there is no reason to believe there would be any compatibility issues.
Raoul has reported on the forum that he had to re-install our camera driver after upgrading to Windows 10, and that Aerodrums now works fine.
We are keeping an eye on this, but it is not a problem that would occur for a new installation.

gers865

Post by gers865 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:04 pm

I have no problems with Aerodrums and Windows 10

JRC

Post by JRC » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:14 pm

I have only had problems with Windows 10, and if you're on such a machine I'd recommend you change OS or hold off on your AD purchase.

Background:

Used AD on an older Acer netbook, rather modest with integrated graphics running W8.1 without issues. Also used the LoopBe1 midiport and ran MIDI messages to use with Addictive Drums and Superior Drummer.

Now I just bought an ASUS Zenbook Pro via my company for 5 times the cost of above mentioned machine. Clean W10 on it w/o bloatware. Everything necessary installed, and Internet+anti-virus software off, bluetooth off, background services prioritized, ASIO4ALL used etc. etc. Everything I did on the little machine.

Right now I can, most of the time use Aerodrums on it's own, but at this point it does not allow MIDI bridging between AD and Addictive Drums/Superior Drummer or Kontakt (Studio Drummer, Abbey Road Drummer ...). Also tried the exact procedure in youtube video referenced on site. Not working, regardless of which DAW I use (Reaper, SONAR, Cubase).

Audio drivers set as it should in both instances, as well as MIDI ports and I can open up AD, choose "nomidi" (as I usually does), then open up Addictive/Superior and they have their internal sound ready to be mousetriggered, but never gets triggered by Aerodrums. Never. So for now I'll have to postpone the festival gigs I was planning with AD and use a regular kit until the W10 thing has been sorted out.

keefdabass

Post by keefdabass » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 am

Hi Bill,
I've used Aerodrums on both 7 and 10. Had no issues at all on 7, the only glitch I had on 10 related to my soundcard, but it's quite an old Saffire 6 with only USB 1.1 connectivity. Windows automatically installed a generic driver when I upgraded from 7 to 10 which knocked the Saffire out. However, I downloaded the original drivers from Focusrite and it's been good as gold since then. My PC isn't top end at all - i5 processor with 4Gb RAM, so it's no beast, but I've just been running a session with 3 audio tracks, loads of MIDI and many FX (in Reaper) whilst playing Aerodrums at the same time. Not a twitch, and unnoticeable latency. However, I haven't tried using Aerodrums to trigger MIDI yet - i'm hoping to this weekend if time permits.
Sounds like poor JRC has had a complete mare with his MIDI experience so far - so maybe W10 hasn't got its' MIDI act together yet. I'll keep you posted on my experience when I've given it a go.
JRC, hope you get it sorted soon. Keep us posted on any developments please.
Good luck!