Problem installing camera driver

dark

Problem installing camera driver

Post by dark » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:58 am

During installation of aerodrums, I wait to plug in the camera, run the install, and at one point during the installation process, I get a pop-up message from windows that says

"aerodrums-camera-installer.exe is not a valid win32 application"

I click ok, and then the installation prompts me to plug in the camera. I do this, and then windows searches for a driver to install and then fails to find a driver. After finishing the installation anyway, the camera does not get recognized.

I get the same error message if I simply right click aerodrums-camera-installer.exe in the "camera" subfolder that gets installed and click "run as administrator."

I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit on an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop from 2009. Is there anything that I'm doing incorrectly? I have reviewed the steps in the troubleshooting guide - reset my pc several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, waited carefully to plug in the camera only when prompted, tried different USB ports, etc. It seems the nature of this error message is not addressed by the typical problems people experience installing the camera driver. Is the camera driver installer application not designed to be run by Windows Vista?

Richard

Re: Problem installing camera driver

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:00 am

Sorry about this issue. We're still trying to get to the bottom of it but it seems to only happen with the most recent version of the camera driver installer on Vista.
Could you try this version instead and let us know if it works. Thanks.
http://aerodrums.com/camera-driver-legacy-installer/

dark

Post by dark » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:28 am

Well this sounds very promising, but now when I go to click on the new exe, literally nothing happens. No application window opens, the mouse cursor does not turn into an hourglass, and my task manager does not indicate that any application processes are running. I'll try a few things on my end, such as rebooting or opening in safe mode, but I'm open to any suggestions to get the legacy installer to start up. I have temporarily disabled my antivirus (norton) which did want to intercept it as a false positive.

dark

Post by dark » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:38 am

I restarted again and that seemed to do the trick as far as permitting me to run the legacy camera installer. Everything works now, thanks.