Using the hi hat

sooma007

Using the hi hat

Post by sooma007 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:23 pm

hi

I have recently bought some aerodrums and played them a couple of times. I have not managed to used the hi hat for some reason. I can open and close it but not actually hit it let alone play any intricate patterns on it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Simon

Ringowig

Re: Using the hi hat

Post by Ringowig » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi Simon,

Are you sure you have them positioned correctly?..i.e in a natural 'regular kit' position. I find a good way to set up the Aerodrums is one kit piece at a time and literally picture my acoustic kit in front of me as I place my hands in position. Personally I find the Aerodrums to be amazingly responsive and just great for silent practice. Hope you get everything working ok.

Cheers!

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 am

The hi-hat has a standard placement in the preset drum kits and should behave as expected. I would double check that your camera is framed correctly and that it is set to the blue dot setting by rotating the lens fully clockwise when facing towards you.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:58 am

make sure, that there is no light leaking into the left side of you. For example your laptop screen or table lamp, or even something white like the table itself.

Have yu tryed custom drum set up and place the hi-hat more downwards?

Is the camera at the right height and angle and no dirt on the lens?

I myself have had no problems with this and the kit is very responsiv indeed.

sooma007

Post by sooma007 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Yes thanks guys, it's working perfectly now and the hi hats really good.