Splash and Cowbell configuration with Addictive Drummer 2

osmanalikhan

Splash and Cowbell configuration with Addictive Drummer 2

Post by osmanalikhan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 am

Hey fellow airdrummers and aerodrums moderators.

I'm encountering a problem playing my aerodrums with Addictive Drummer 2. I can't seem to figure out how to assign a splash cymbal or cowbell according to my midi setup. The Splash cymbal I add to my kit in aerodrums seems to be recognized as another crash cymbal. The same goes with the cowbell. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks

Richard

Re: Splash and Cowbell configuration with Addictive Drummer

Post by Richard » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:09 pm

I assume you're already using the Aerodrums MIDI map in Addictive Drums 2 that is available here:
http://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-wi ... -samplers/

To trigger the cowbell/splash as desired, you may need to make some adjustment to the Aerodrums MIDI map. If you go to the Map window in AD2 you will see that there is no way to remap splash or cowbell directly but you can remap 'CYM1' up to 'CYM6' and 'FLEX1' up to 'FLEX3', etc. I presume in your AD2 kit, your cowbell and splash correspond to these names. So you will need to change the mapping for these.

If you look at the MIDI table in the Aerodrums manual (http://aerodrums.com/manual/#midi) you will see that Aerodrums outputs splash as MIDI note G2 (55) and cowbell as G#2 (56) so what you will need to do is remap CYM3 (or whatever corresponds to your splash in AD2) to 55 and FLEX2 (or whatever corresponds to your cowbell) to 56.

That should do the trick. If you need more help with this, let us know.

osmanalikhan

Post by osmanalikhan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks for the prompt reply! I understand what needs to be done. I just can't seem to figure out how to remap the midi inputs

osmanalikhan

Post by osmanalikhan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:22 am

Nevermind! Got it! Thanks!