Adjusting volume against music?

poorlittlefish

Adjusting volume against music?

Post by poorlittlefish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:16 pm

I've made the adjustments needed to be able to hear Spotify at the same time that Aerodrums is running, but I can't really hear what I'm drumming against the music, so how do I make the drums louder than the track I'm trying to play along with?

Richard

Re: Adjusting volume against music?

Post by Richard » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:46 pm

It would be best to reduce the volume from the Spotify interface, assuming this is possible. If it's not then you can increase the volume of the drums from within Aerodrums. You can find these volume controls by entering the Menu from the drumming screen, hitting the "Sound" button and then hitting the "Volume mixing" button. There is no runtime compression or limiter applied to the Aerodrums audio so if you increase the volume too much it might clip - that's why it's preferable to lower the volume in Spotify and compensate by increasing the volume in your OS or speakers.

BDW430

Post by BDW430 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:00 am

What i do (if you have it available) is run my ipod through a separate bluetooth speaker and adjust volume from there.

Hope this helps. =)

keefdabass

Post by keefdabass » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 pm

I tend to use VLC Media Player for all playback, video or audio. The audio output isn't bad, volume is easily adjustable, and best of all you can adjust the playback speed (slower or faster) without affecting the pitch of the song - the quality suffers a bit if you slow down too much, but it's great for learning tricky riffs/fills etc at a slower pace, then speed up when you get the hang of it. Plus you can loop any length of playback to really focus on one part...and it's FREE! Ah, how I love the interweb....

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:32 pm

keefdabass wrote:I tend to use VLC Media Player for all playback, video or audio. The audio output isn't bad, volume is easily adjustable, and best of all you can adjust the playback speed (slower or faster) without affecting the pitch of the song - the quality suffers a bit if you slow down too much, but it's great for learning tricky riffs/fills etc at a slower pace, then speed up when you get the hang of it. Plus you can loop any length of playback to really focus on one part...and it's FREE! Ah, how I love the interweb....
+1
I would like to add that with the record-button you can easily record clips for looping. And VLC reads almost everything, no more codec-packs to install.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:01 pm

poorlittlefish wrote:I've made the adjustments needed to be able to hear Spotify at the same time that Aerodrums is running, but I can't really hear what I'm drumming against the music, so how do I make the drums louder than the track I'm trying to play along with?
Have you tried adjusting the volume in the Windows mixer? (Taskbar → right-click on the speaker icon → mixer) There should be something for adjusting the volume of your web-browser. Like Richard said, don't increase the volume of the Aerodrums, reduce the volume from Spotify.