Feature requests

BrettHeaslewood

Re: Feature requests

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Wed May 14, 2014 1:05 pm

I've thought about this, but I don't think i've requested it.

The Openness of the Hi-Hat

Would there be a way to adjust this, like you could in real life?
So with my foot off the pedal it's slightly more closed, for that thrashy hat sound.

I'll often play rock/punk/metal ect and sometimes to hold my foot at a 45° angle to have the hat half closed causes slight strain.

If it can't be implemented, it's not a problem, just gonna have to build the muscle, it's an idea however!

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed May 14, 2014 9:30 pm

I'll often play rock/punk/metal ect and sometimes to hold my foot at a 45° angle to have the hat half closed causes slight strain.
So if I understand well you want to cap the openness of the hihat to a smaller gap. We are planning to implement a drop clutch feature for people who play double bass, that would cover your request if the clutch height was adjustable.

For now, what you can do to minimize the effort is to adjust the hihat pedal's range (Menu -> Adjust Drums -> Pedals range) so that you don't have to lift your foot as much to reach your desired default openness.

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Thu May 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Sipaliwini wrote:So if I understand well you want to cap the openness of the hihat to a smaller gap. We are planning to implement a drop clutch feature for people who play double bass, that would cover your request if the clutch height was adjustable.

For now, what you can do to minimize the effort is to adjust the hihat pedal's range (Menu -> Adjust Drums -> Pedals range) so that you don't have to lift your foot as much to reach your desired default openness.
Exactly that, if my foots off the pedal I'd like it so the hat is half closed as if I'd adjusted the clutch.

I will however give the pedal range option a little whirl this evening, thanks!

Crrispy

Post by Crrispy » Sun May 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Hello,

I vote for IR leds.. would be really a BIG improvement. The best would be a dedicated camera with the integrated ring/bar of leds (I think those cams already exist for security systems), and a single USB cable. Currently 2 cables + the ring not holding properly to the camera + the resulting look etc.. are a bit annoying but the biggest problem is those awfully powerful white leds. When setting up the rig/adjusting etc.. sometimes you look in their direction and it's really baaad for the eyes.... Maybe IR would also be less sensitive to ambient light? My couch is ivory white and gives some tracking problems.

Crrispy

Post by Crrispy » Mon May 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Hello,

More features requests:

- The ability to set a different level of reverb for each of the drums besides the existing sensitivity/volume adjustments
- Adding different types of reverb, for example gate, which would be interesting coupled with the above requested feature (Yes, a mix of different reverbs on different drums, yeah it eats CPU, I know...)
- Command-line options to start the program. For example, I've just built a dedicated PC hooked to my TV. I've set Aerodrums in the startup folder, but I'd like to go directly to "Drums" in fullscreen, e.g. something like "aerodrums.exe -k name_of_the_drumkit -fs" to avoid using the mouse at each startup
- The ability to exit the program or even shutdown the computer from the "drums" menu, for the same reason mentioned just above. Yes, I'm lazy. Who is not? :-)

I think the last 2 requests are quite easy to implement. Reverb is another story though, I don't know if algorithms are freely available? What did you use for the currently implemented reverb?

Thanks.

sambosun

Post by sambosun » Wed May 28, 2014 12:15 pm

From one of my general post here an input about the midi site

It would be outstanding to be able to assign custom midi notes and channels to drum kit elements. If possible it speeds up the workflow if the setup of drum elements could be done with the mouse and the midi note assignment via midi learn or drum stick or mouse and/or midi keyboard controller.

I think one easy way here would be this:
- select a drum element with either the sticks or a mouse
- klick or hit a midi learn button
- hit the note on a keyboard controller
- done
Last edited by sambosun on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeffersen

Post by Jeffersen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:55 am

I hate my first post is kind of negative, but I do hope the ability to choose which installed sound card to use as well as ASIO support is at the top of the list instead of the bottom. I have to confess when the setup allowed no option to choose the sound card device I thought I'd just made the mistake of buying a toy. I hope this feeling fades quickly.

Jeff

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:51 am

I am sorry about the disappointment. I have updated the list of required features.
Have you been able to work around the current limitation and make Aerodrums use the device you want it to?
The reason why we did not include ASIO at launch (besides time constraints before NAMM) is that we were under the impression that WASAPI (Windows) and CoreAudio (Mac) had caught up with it in terms of performance and quality.
Does your experience contradict this impression?

Afrolex

Post by Afrolex » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned our not but make all menus clickable with a mouse. It feels kind of awkward using the sticks to navigate through the menus. At least for me.

klaushouz

Post by klaushouz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:33 am

Hi Any chance of supporting 48K in addition 44.1 K. I ask, as a lot of top end gear performs best at 48K(like Fractal Ax Fx )? Thanks