Screen black when on setup page. (v 1.0.19)

gokusu

Screen black when on setup page. (v 1.0.19)

Post by gokusu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 am

I downloaded the new software (v 1.0.19), and the sound device problem has been solved in the newest version.

But, when I come to the "Setup" page, the screen blink and turns black. When I press "Esc" or "Space" key, it returns back.

What's wrong this time?

gokusu

Re: Screen black when on setup page. (v 1.0.19)

Post by gokusu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:27 am

When I click "setup", it goes black, and when I press "space" key it returns to this page.
When I click "setup", it goes black, and when I press "space" key it returns to this page.
gokusu_1456997169212_45.png (177.34 KiB) Viewed 7563 times

Richard

Re: Screen black when on setup page. (v 1.0.19)

Post by Richard » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Someone else also reported this to us last week. They were running Windows 10 with an Intel HD 5000 graphics card. There are many people running Aerodrums fine on Windows 10 so we suspect this might be an issue related to the lack of Windows 10 drivers (and more specifically OpenGL 2.0 support) for some Intel graphics chipsets.

Can you tell me if you're on Windows 10 and what graphics card you have?
Can you also tell me if any previous version of Aerodrums was working for you (in fullscreen) or if you only got Aerodrums working with the latest version (1.0.19)?

Since the issue you describe only happens when Aerodrums goes into fullscreen mode, you can work around it by keeping Aerodrums in windowed mode.

To do this you will need to hand edit the Aerodrums configuration file...
  • 1. Open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Aerodrums\conf\aerodrums.cfg" in a text editor such as Notepad.
    2. Find the line that looks like this (around line 41): Drum_Full_Screen = yes
    3. Change the word 'yes' to 'no' so that it looks like this: Drum_Full_Screen = no
    4. Save the file and run Aerodrums again.
This should work for you as long as you don't press the fullscreen button that appears directly above the home icon on the drumming screen.