Swindle - Ignition (Brett's Aerodrum Cover)

BrettHeaslewood

Swindle - Ignition (Brett's Aerodrum Cover)

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 pm

First off, I hadn't played in about a week or so due to damaging my back.

Secondly, I'm no 'professional drummer' - I've never had lessons, and never owned a kit - just tapping on tables for the last 10 years ;)

any how, enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/94453382

Sipaliwini

Re: Swindle - Ignition (Brett's Aerodrum Cover)

Post by Sipaliwini » Thu May 08, 2014 9:04 am

Very nice! And it looks like it would have been tricky to fit some real drums there ;)

Is one of the balls getting loose again?

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Thu May 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Yeah real drums would be a real struggle!

Yes the other stick was getting loose which I didn't notice until mid performance, But instead of using another ball, I've applied the silicone paste to the broken one first.

Applied last night, so i'll check when I'm home this evening!

RTK

Post by RTK » Tue May 13, 2014 12:33 pm

What fascinates me about this is how the mind interprets sound and memory. Watch his strike points. They vary very little. The mind 'hears' the impact of something that is not there. It's air, save for the impact against the palm, but his placement of the sticks to where his snare and hihat would be is very accurate. It shows that playing a virtual kit is much closer to the real thing than one might think.

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 pm

It's a given that having some knowledge of playing drums is going to help you play, but don't forget I am also seeing a visual representation on my monitor of where my kit pieces are and where my sticks are.

So it's not all memory, but once you've done your setup and been playing for 20 minutes, you'll know where hit points are and you could just turn the monitor off.