Aerodrums won't see my left hand

poorlittlefish

Aerodrums won't see my left hand

Post by poorlittlefish » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm

I've positioned my seat so that the drummer drawing is exactly in place and the software reports that the lighting conditions are good. The foot markers both work fine, as does the right hand one, but no way will Aerodrums see my left hand. Well, I can see a white blob where the reflective ball is, but the software will not associate it with my left hand. It doesn't matter if I swap the sticks around or wave my left hand anywhere and everywhere, it just won't have it. If anything, it gets confused and shows my right hand twice. I can't drum one-handed! What else can I do, please?!

Richard

Re: Aerodrums won't see my left hand

Post by Richard » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Are you sure that there aren't any sources of light in view of the camera that could be brighter than the reflective stick markers? My guess is there is a bright spot somewhere to your left and Aerodrums thinks that this is the left stick. The best way to check this is by clicking 'Setup' from the Aerodrums menu and following the setup steps again (it will warn you if there are problems with lighting). Alternatively, just turn off the lights and close the curtains to make your room dark and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't help, could you post a screenshot of the drumming screen (in particular when it "shows my right hand twice") so we can see how it looks?

poorlittlefish

Post by poorlittlefish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. It turned out to be the lamp's reflection in the wardrobe door, which has quite a shiny finish to it. It didn't get picked up when I was setting up the seat position because I didn't switch the lamp on until I was ready to play.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Ah I see, thanks for letting us know.