CAMERA AND LIGHT USING ONLY ONE USB. SUCESS!

mashworth

CAMERA AND LIGHT USING ONLY ONE USB. SUCESS!

Post by mashworth » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Managed to successfully solder thw wores of the LED Light to the playstation 3 camera.

By doing this I can now use the ps3 camera AND the LED light using ONLY ONE USB PORT.

Benefits: only using one usb, no extra wires getting in the way and convenient to store away.

Nice and easy job, remove 4 screws from the back, there are 5 wires in there (red, white, green and 2x black), but you only need the red and black.

I extended the two wires with a 2 pin mole connector and naturally connected the other half to the led light. Now I can detach the light after use.

My soldering and electrical skills are minimal (as you can probably see from my poor wiring) but I still managed to pull it off.

Tried and tested, both are working perfectly...

Pics below....
<p>
<p>
<p>

eagleeyez

Re: CAMERA AND LIGHT USING ONLY ONE USB. SUCESS!

Post by eagleeyez » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Very nice and well done,

I just want to say to everyone wanting to try this, be careful as make one mistake and you could short your LED-Ring and then what? Yes, you will have to order a new one and at the moment you will most probably have to wait quite a long time.

mashworth

Post by mashworth » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Perhaps its best to order the replacement one I have from ebay for less than £3, works brilliantly.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:44 am

Ok, that's cool. Did not know that.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:32 am

Well, looking at this now it actually looks very practical.
Maybe one could just fix the camera to this and you already have a bendy stand.
You would just need to clamp it to the table and it could then be very practical. As I tend to mess about a lot getting the position and height right and the weight of the cable keeps moving the ps3

mashworth

Post by mashworth » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Sadly I have already tried this with the bendy arm.
It holds the weight of the ps3 camera perfectly for the first week or so, and then after several movements (when the arm is no longer new and stiff) it just droops down with the ps3 cameras weight.

I am thinking of detaching the stand on the ps3 camera and adding some kind of flexible tripod that will actually hold its weight.

Ill keep you all posted once I have found the right thing that isn't too bulky (I want to keep this drum set as portable as possible).

rebit

Post by rebit » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:33 am

Very nice mod ! Thanks for sharing !