DIY silent no knocking anti-Vibration pedals.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Video https://youtu.be/1E0ljg2lv1E

This is just using a washing machine rubber anti-vibration mat, a soft cushion and an elastic band to make a very basic but comfortable pedal for the Aerodrums. Imagination is everything.

I like it and now I am going to make me a much better one in single pedals and not so big.
The rubber mat gives a lot of spring and your foot rests very comfortably on it.
This is not for everyone but for those of us who like to raise our heels instead of toes.
You could buy a 50$ practice pedal or use a real pedal, but I want it simple and very, very silent. Don’t forget to put the reflectors on your feet.

kevcraven

Re: DIY silent no knocking anti-Vibration pedals.

Post by kevcraven » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:23 am

I'd like to see this in action. One of the drawbacks is the noise my foot is making on the ground so this seems like a decent workaround!

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Also your ideas for the pedals are promising. I'm using something like this since the beginning I'm playing Aerodrums:

I'm using 4 layers of this glued together. It's much more supple and there is even a little rebound.

I'm waiting for your next prototype.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Wolfgang wrote:Also your ideas for the pedals are promising. I'm using something like this since the beginning I'm playing Aerodrums:

I'm using 4 layers of this glued together. It's much more supple and there is even a little rebound.

I'm waiting for your next prototype.
Hi,
I will have to try that too, but I was more thinking of having the C-Form, more able to rest your foot and press up and down and get the spring back without holding your muscles in tension. I need to look at a real kick pedal again, to be able to feel how it is and the heights it achieves.
I am not yet a drummer, I am a wannabe drummer and just because I love it.
Can you bend those foam jigsaws pieces into a C-Form?

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Mine yes. One or two but not 4 layers.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Wolfgang wrote:Mine yes. One or two but not 4 layers.
What I think would be great, is having a flat form for transport and on arrival, bend it, hook it and use it.
We need a better spring system at the front. I was thinking of foam cylinders at the front that bend outwards when pushing down on the top foam. Any ideas? I have seen kids playing with foam cylinders in the swimming pool.