Trigger Types

thegreatzonko

Trigger Types

Post by thegreatzonko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Well done on a fantastic product, have pre-ordered from the next batch! I was researching all the different triggering systems and types, really impressed by the sensitivity controls available. What about different colour 'balls' on the sticks to represent different sticks i.e. Blue balls for brushes, red balls for beaters, green balls for 5A, Black balls for heavier sticks? Don't know how much flexibility you have with the VR programming but thought this might be an idea you want to look into?

Richard

Re: Trigger Types

Post by Richard » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi, thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, the balls at the ends of the Aerodrums sticks are covered with a special retroreflective material so we can't colour them to provide extra information.

thegreatzonko

Post by thegreatzonko » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 am

Thanks for getting back so quickly and explaining how that works. I guess it's a software side issue then? Having the option to load different stick types would essentially load a different set of samles? Would be really helpful to me if this could be considered for future software release as I play a lot of worship music in church and a sensitive approach is needed?

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Exactly, supporting mallets and other stick types would just be a matter of loading a different set of samples. There are plenty of MIDI-based drum sampler products that you might want to consider using with Aerodrums (see here for example: http://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-wi ... -samplers/). Lots of these have kits played with brushes, mallets, etc.