Graphics interference and slow framerate

stewart_chan

Graphics interference and slow framerate

Post by stewart_chan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:47 am

I have been using aerodrums without problems for a year or so, but not having played for about a month, found that I'm getting a slow framerate and upper left corner is always red for all the 3 graphic modes (framerate about 60-70 the most).

It wasn't like this before and I have referred to the troubleshooting. I don't have more than one graphics card, and I have tried closing other programs running at same time.

I'm not sure how to access the "graphics card manufacturer" in my computer as the troubleshooting suggests:
"in the control panel provided by your graphics card manufacturer, by creating a profile for Aerodrums and setting vsync to off."

(at any rate, it was working before therefore this could not be the reason for the current problem?)

I would appreciate any helpful solution.

Bart

Re: Graphics interference and slow framerate

Post by Bart » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:09 pm

I don't have the answer to help you, sorry for that.
But I'm 'glad' to hear that I'm not the only one having the same problem.
I use Aerodrums without any problems for almost a year now, but since 2 days, Aerodrums stops with the 'graphics interference' message during drumming.
When I restart the program it will work properly for some time, but I still get the same message after a while during drumming.

So, you're not the only one having this problem (that started suddenly).
I'm using an iMac by the way...

paulobucho

Post by paulobucho » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:17 pm

The same for sound.

While i am playing through EzDrummer 2, using Aerodrums as MidiOut, after like 2 or 3 minutes, it crashes.... i really don´t know why.

But its very annoying.

Most strange of all, it doesn´t happen always....

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi,

@paulobucho
You have never responded to my post from the 3rd of December 2015 here:
EZDrummer 2
Have you tried what I've suggested? This actually has helped several users.
By the way, you really should avoid posting the same question in support and in general. Normally Crossposting is never allowed in forums.

@stewart_chan
@Bart
Bart wrote:I don't have the answer to help you, sorry for that.
I'm afraid neither me, but maybe I can give some direction for troubleshooting. Richard and Yann are very occupied at the NAMM-show where they are demonstrating a new version of Aerodrums, so you will have to wait till they will come back.

Are you really sure that this problem comes from Aerodrums?
In my experience (and I'm playing with computers since back in the eighties), in most cases when something which was working before didn't do so any-more, it was an attended or unattended system or driver-update, or I was doing something before like tweaking my system or installing other (interfering) software. Or even a hardware problem.

What is the version-number of your Aerodrums. It should be at least v1.0.17
Also, even if it's a graphics-error, the problem's source could be the usb-port or the sound-chip/card. Have you tried another usb-port and removing all external hardware like hds/hubs/soundcards ?

You could visit aerodrums.com/fixit if you haven't done already.

paulobucho

Post by paulobucho » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Wolfgang, sorry for not posting before.

I am playing with the midi out option enabled from Aerodums and with the sound come through EzDrummer2.

The program doesn´t closed it just stops for some seconds then we hear the hits again.

I have the last version of Aerodrums and i play on the low mode of graphics.

Sorry the crossposting, it will not happen again. I ony refer it because it may be a related issue, but sorry again!

I love Aerodrums i play it every week, many hours and use it in rehearsals, gigs and recording. I wish i could solve this!

Configurations below.
could you tell us a bit more about your configuration:
-what DAW are you using? --> EzDrummer 2
-is Aerodrums in MIDI only mode? --> yes
-are you on Windows or Mac? --> Windows 8.1
-what is your computer model or what are its specifications (RAM, CPU, graphics adapter)? Intel i5, 1.6 GHZ, 6 RAM GB.
-have you tried switching to the low performance modes (Ctrl+g)? --> Yes, low mode
[/i]

[/i]
Best regards!
PB

bkmsx

Post by bkmsx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 am

hi, as suggested previously, try the note schedular in Aerodrums midi settings,
also as you are sending midi to another application any midi loopback device /driver you are using could be the culprit also. try a different one or reinstall etc.

that said, if all was well then things aren't, its possible any Aerodrums update (there was one recently) is a potential cause.

when the guys are back from doing this VR drum stuff they may assist more fully (not too convinced about that personally, it certainly looks impressive at first but drumming wearing what is in effect a blindfold rules it out for collaboration/jamming, working on arrangement/sounds on a pc at the same time as drumming etc. etc. but the fact they can get that to work is the impressive and encouraging thing!

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:10 am

Hello,
We shouldn't hitch-hike stewart_chan's topic. But you are right bkmsx, a recent Aerodrums update could be also a potential cause for him.

@paulobucho
I have answered you in your topic here:
EZDrummer 2

@bkmsx
I have answered you here:
New version of Aerodrums @NAMM 2016

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:22 am

@stewart_chan
This really sounds like a vsync issue. If you're still having problems, can you tell me what operating system you're using and what graphics card you have and I can instruct you on how to disable vsync.