Line Spacing

Wreford

Line Spacing

Post by Wreford » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:20 am

I have 2 questions, both to do with page layout formatting:

1) Is there any way to force the notes to 'compress' themselves, so as to take up less space?

I attach an example of some 16th notes, where for some reason, on the first line, both bars display over one line; but the next two bars spread themselves over two lines. nb. I am a beginner in noting music so maybe I have made some error, but I think these bars ought to represent small variations of the same rhythm, and so not sure why the second two bars have spread themselves out to much.

2) Is there a way to force a 'line break'? eg. to start a new line after only one bar in the line above. Or do I just need to insert a empty bar to do that?

Thanks,

Ps. great programme by the way: easy to use even for a dunce like me! :)
Attachments
Snip of the 2 different line layouts
Snip of the 2 different line layouts
Aered Snip Image.JPG (65.29 KiB) Viewed 11845 times

Richard

Re: Line Spacing

Post by Richard » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:51 pm

1) The answer to the question is yes. If you press the little lock icon to the left of the splitter bar, the 4 blue scrollbars will become editable. The blend factor and duration factor scroll bars control how tightly packed the notes are and to what extent they're spaced proportional to their duration.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is no way to correct your notation by changing these values simply because your 3rd and 4th bars are longer than your 1st and 2nd bars and Aered won't allow squeezing the 3rd and 4th bar into a single line. So the best you can do in this case is to adjust the sliders so that the 1st and 2nd bar also expand to a single line each. I agree that this isn't ideal and should be fixed in Aered. Thanks for pointing it out.

2) There's no support for line breaks yet.