Aerodrums with Reaper + Superior drummer 2 FPS drop

coprofago

Aerodrums with Reaper + Superior drummer 2 FPS drop

Post by coprofago » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 am

i got my aerodrums recently and i can play very well in standalone mode (using ASIO4ALL with an imperceptible latency). Then, i tried to play with Superior Drummer 2, i installed loopBe to get the MIDI output from aerodrums to reaper, and it works too (using ASIO4ALL with an imperceptible latency again), but after a few minutes (2 or 5) playing, aerodrums FPS drops to 1, and it becomes impossible to play. I noticed that when i move the sticks or feet without hit anything, the FPS stays fine in 120, and when i try to hit something, it is when the FPS drops to 1. It is like aerodrums stuck when it tries to send the MIDI signal. When i click the HOME button and return to DRUM, it works fine again until that "few minutes" and the issue appears again. How can I solve this problem?

Im using:

Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520
Intel Core i5
6GB RAM DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7730M

Windows 7 Professional x64
Reaper and Superior drummer are 64 bits

Wolfgang

Re: Aerodrums with Reaper + Superior drummer 2 FPS drop

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 am

Hello,
You could try what I've suggested Sandro in this topic
aerodums break with a daw
It's very easy to try, doesn't hurt and had helped him and me. If this works for you, would you please report here that the solution I've given had helped you. If there are really more people concerned this should go to the FAQ. Good luck.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks for reporting this. Let us know how you get on with Wolfgang's suggestion. In the meantime we will see if we can reproduce the problem.

coprofago

Post by coprofago » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi all,
this solution solved the problem, thank so much!

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:15 pm

That's good to hear! Thanks Wolfgang, we will update the manual/FAQ to include this tip.