libusb0.dll / Windows 10

Raoul

libusb0.dll / Windows 10

Post by Raoul » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I tried to start my Aerodrums software but got a system error reporting that the software can't start because "libusb0.dll" is missing. I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 - maybe it has something to do with that?

Hope you can help me with this problem.

Best
Raoul

Sipaliwini

Re: libusb0.dll / Windows 10

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Hello Raoul,

it looks like Windows removed the camera driver when upgrading.
If you don't want to re-install Aerodrums, you can try this:

-unplug the camera
-go to c:\Program Files (x86)\Aerodrums\camera
-right click on the aerodrums-camera-installer.exe file and select "run as Administrator"
-accept all the dialogs and wait until the black window disappears
-wait a few more seconds
-plug the camera back in

This will not work if the initial version of Aerodrums you downloaded was before 1.0.14, as the aerodrums-camera-installer.exe file will not be there.
In this case, it is easiest to re-install Aerodrums. It should not be necessary to backup your current configuration, but if you want to do so, the folders to archive are: c:\Program Files (x86)\Aerodrums\conf, c:\Program Files (x86)\Aerodrums\recordings and c:\Program Files (x86)\Aerodrums\data\elements

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks for the reply! R-Installing the camera solved the problem and Aerodrums is now starting fine.

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Hello Yann,

it's me again with a Windows 10 Problem. Last time I only checked if Aerodums would start and didn't find the time to do some real testing. Now I have found the time and unfortunately Aerodums seems to have some bigger problems with Win 10 - mainly concerning the graphics. :shock:
I took some screenshots to visualize the problem: https://goo.gl/photos/TNk7GMV88x18bd7j6
As you can see, in the drumming mode, almost all the drum-icons don't appear. And also in the drums-setup-process, the graphics are not shown and the screen where the lightning conditions are checked is all read - although I tested it in my ususual aerodrumming environment, which normally works absolutely without a problem :roll:

A far as drumming is concerned: in the no-graphics-mode it worked fine without noticeable latency etc. But in the other modes, there were major glitched.

Maybe you can help? Other than upgrading my system to Win 10, nothing has been changed at my setup...

All the best
Raoul

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello Raoul,

It seems that the Windows 10 update broke your display adapter driver's support for OpenGL.
Could you look if your display adapter's manufacturer has released an update for windows 10?
Please pm or email us at support if you need more specific help.