Contribute to Aered ?

Contribute to Aered ?

Postby Nz3k » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello,

I am a developper and I love using Aered, yet I am missing some key features to fully use it. Are you planning to release an open-source version of Aered ? If not, is there any way people could contribute to the code, so we have our features ? :)

Thank you
Nz3k

Re: Contribute to Aered ?

Postby Richard » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:27 pm

There is no plan to open source Aered yet. The main reason is that we are planning to integrate it with Aerodrums in the not too distant future and will be investing a lot of development resources back into Aered at that time.
Richard

Re: Contribute to Aered ?

Postby Nz3k » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Pity, the way to input note is so great that it's a shame that such a software has such limitations (especially the time signatures, and the fact that we can do any n-tuplet we want).

I started developping my own drum notation software, based on Aered's way of entering notes (which is actually the standard way any drummer would do). It will be fully open-source and will just be a notation software, it has no link with Aerodrums whatsoever. There is no drum notation software but Aered, and such limitations make it, at the moment, unusable for most music styles.

Best of luck for the next version of Aerodrums ! ;)
Nz3k

Return to General